Baqsimi Nasal Powder Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Baqsimi Nasal Powder medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Baqsimi cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Baqsimi patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|1 intranasal device of 3mg||$285.00||$49.00||$236.00|
Am I eligible for Baqsimi patient assistance?
We review each Baqsimi enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Baqsimi patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Baqsimi patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Baqsimi. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Baqsimi coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Baqsimi coupon, Baqsimi discount card, or Baqsimi copay card provider. We do not offer Baqsimi manufacturer coupons, Baqsimi discounts, rebates, Baqsimi savings cards, trial offers, or free Baqsimi samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Baqsimi patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Baqsimi if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Baqsimi if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Baqsimi
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Baqsimi prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Baqsimi medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Baqsimi with insurance?
The cost of Baqsimi with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Baqsimi cost without insurance?
Baqsimi prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Baqsimi nasal powder 3 mg will cost around $300 for 1 powder.
What is Baqsimi?
Baqsimi is an FDA-approved medication manufactured by Eli Lilly and Company for patients above 4 years of age with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes. It contains glucagon, a hormone normally produced by cells in your pancreas. Glucagon helps to increase your blood sugar levels. Baqsimi nasal powder is used to treat severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) in adults and children who have diabetes that are at least 4 years old. It is not known if Baqsimi is safe or effective to use in children under the age of 4.
Hypoglycemia should be treated as quickly as possible. Experiencing low blood sugar for too long can cause a seizure, coma, or death. Your blood sugar levels can be affected by stress, illness, surgery, exercise, alcohol, or missing meals. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines closely to keep from having hypoglycemic episodes. Baqsimi should only be used to treat hypoglycemia if the person is unable to eat, unconscious, or is having a seizure.
Baqsimi active ingredients
Glucagon increases your blood glucose levels by stimulating glucagon receptors in your liver. This causes glycogen in your liver to break down to form glucose, which is then released from the liver into your blood. For glucagon to increase your blood sugar levels you must have glycogen stores within your liver for the glucagon to break down.
Baqsimi is a powder medicine inserted into your nose. It does not need to be inhaled. You will be shown how to use this medicine for severe hypoglycemia by your doctor. If you are the caregiver, you should get emergency medical help after giving Baqsimi nasal powder. If the patient does not show improvement within 15 minutes, you may need a second dose.
- Do not push the plunger or test the device before you give it
- Follow the instructions for Baqsimi when giving it
- To give a dose, insert the tip into one nostril and press the device plunger all the way in until the green line no longer shows
- Call for emergency assistance immediately after giving the dose
- Once the patient responds to the treatment, give oral carbohydrates to restore the liver glycogen and to stop hypoglycemia from happening again
- Each Baqsimi device contains one dose of glucagon and cannot be reused, do not try to reuse
After using Baqsimi, you should eat a fast-acting source of sugar such as fruit juice, glucose gel, raisins, or non-diet soda, and then eat a snack or small meal.
Baqsimi side effects
The most common side effects of Baqsimi or adverse reactions include:
- Uncomfortable feeling in your nose, runny or stuffy nose
- Nausea, vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Red or watery eyes
- Itchy eyes, itchy nose, itchy throat, or cough
- Runny nose
In rare instances, Baqsimi may cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased blood pressure – pounding in your neck or ears
- Severe headache
- Blurred vision
You should seek immediate medical attention from a healthcare professional right away if you have a serious allergic reaction including:
- difficulty breathing
- low blood pressure
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Baqsimi against your risk of side effects.
Baqsimi drug interactions
Baqsimi can interact with other medications. These include:
- Beta-blockers for an irregular heartbeat – atenolol, bisoprolol, carvedilol, metoprolol, pindolol, propranolol, timolol, sotalol
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – indomethacin
- Blood thinners – warfarin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Baqsimi.
Baqsimi warning and precautions
Baqsimi is contraindicated in patients with any of the following. You should not use Baqsimi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient glucagon
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Baqsimi
- Have a tumor of the pancreas
- Have a tumor of the adrenal gland
- Have been diagnosed with insulinoma
- Have been diagnosed with pheochromocytoma
- Have adrenal insufficiency or chronic hypoglycemia
Talk to your doctor before using Baqsimi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Baqsimi
- Are not eating on a regular basis
- Have chronic low blood sugar
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.