How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Caverject cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Caverject patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Caverject through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Caverject patient assistance program?
You could receive your Caverject without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
How do I apply for Caverject patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Caverject.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Caverject patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Caverject medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Caverject coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Caverject patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Caverject coupon, a Caverject discount card, or a Caverject copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Caverject samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Caverject if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Caverject medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Caverject with insurance?
The cost of Caverject will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Caverject cost without insurance?
Caverject costs without insurance will vary depending on the strength you buy (20 mcg or 40 mcg) and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, 40 mcg of Caverject powder for injection will typically cost around $180. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Caverject?
Caverject is a medication given to adult men to help diagnose and treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
If you have ED, your doctor may prescribe Caverject to you. It’s an ED medication that you take by injecting it into your penis before you plan to have sex. Your doctor, or another healthcare professional, should show you how to do this. Once injected, Caverject acts quickly to increase the flow of blood to your penis, making it easier for you to get and maintain an erection. Caverject can help you overcome ED, and can also be used to better understand what’s causing your ED (to help better diagnose your ED).
Caverject active ingredients
The active ingredient in Caverject is calledalprostadil, sometimes also called prostaglandin E1. It’s a type of medication called a prostaglandin that can open up your blood vessels and increase blood flow.
When you inject Caverject, the alprostadil it contains attaches to smooth muscle cells in the blood vessels in and around your penis at sites called prostaglandin receptors. This stimulates the receptors, causing the smooth muscle in your blood vessels to relax, opening the blood vessels up and increasing how much blood they can transport. This improves blood flow to your penis, making it easier for you to get and maintain an erection.
Caverject side effects
As with all medications, Caverject can cause side effects. Only some people get side effects, and these side effects can vary by person. The most common side effect caused by Caverject is pain in your penis.
In rare instances, Caverject can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- An increased risk of heart problems caused by extra strain being put on your heart
- Priapism – an erection that last for 4 hours or longer, that can cause lasting damage to your penis
- Penile fibrosis – a hardening or thickening of part of your penis that can cause it to become deformed, usually by permanently bending in one direction
- Benzyl alcohol toxicity (benzyl alcohol is an ingredient in the medication), that can be fatal in severe cases
- Very low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Bleeding at the site of injection
- Needle breakage when injecting
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Caverject against your risk of side effects.
Caverject drug interactions
Caverject can interact with other medications, including:
- Any other erectile dysfunction medications
- Any other medications or products you inject into your penis
- Any anticoagulant medications, such as heparin or warfarin, used to reduce your chances of having a blood clot
Caverject warning and precautions
Caverject isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Caverject if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient alprostadil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Caverject
- Have a medical issue that increases your risk of priapism (an erection that lasts for 4 hours or more), including multiple myeloma, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, or sickle cell trait
- Have a deformed penis
- Have a penis implant
- Don’t have a penis
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Caverject if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Caverject
- Have, or have ever had, any heart problems, such as a heart attack, heart failure, an irregular heartbeat, chest pain, or narrowing of the aortic valve
- Have ever had priapism (an erection that lasts for 4 hours or more)
- Have, or have ever had, a blood cell cancer called multiple myeloma or leukemia
- Have sickle cell trait or sickle cell anemia
- Have any bleeding problems
- Have low blood pressure (hypotension)
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.