Cimzia Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Cimzia medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Cimzia cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Cimzia patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Cimzia patient assistance?
We review each Cimzia enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Cimzia patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Cimzia patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Cimzia. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Cimzia coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Cimzia coupon, Cimzia discount card, or Cimzia copay card provider. We do not offer Cimzia manufacturer coupons, Cimzia discounts, rebates, Cimzia savings cards, trial offers, or free Cimzia samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Cimzia patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Cimzia if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Cimzia if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Cimzia
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Cimzia prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Cimzia medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Cimzia with insurance?
The cost of Cimzia with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Cimzia cost without insurance?
Cimzia prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, a 200 mg kit of Cimzia for injection will cost around $7,000. Depending on your dose, this can cost you around $1,000 per month.
What is Cimzia?
Cimzia is a prescription medicine used to treat a range of inflammatory autoimmune diseases in adults, including:
- Moderately to severely active Chron’s disease
- Moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis
- Moderately to severely active plaque psoriasis
- Active psoriatic arthritis
- Active non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis with inflammation
- Active ankylosing spondylitis
The above inflammatory autoimmune diseases cannot be permanently cured. They will likely affect you for life, but you will have periods where symptoms ease off or disappear, and periods where your symptoms flare-up and become more severe. Medications like Cimzia can help you manage your autoimmune disease. Taking Cimzia can make flare-ups of symptoms happen less often and can make flare-ups less severe when they do happen.
You take Cimzia by injecting it under your skin, either in a pre-filled syringe yourself or by injections administered by your healthcare provider. The dose of Cimzia and how many injections you need will be decided upon by your prescribing doctor based on your condition and medical history.
Cimzia active ingredients
The active ingredient in Cimzia is called certolizumab pegol. It is a type of antibody protein that has been designed to target a substance in your body called tumor necrosis factor (TNF).
Your immune system triggers your cells to begin the inflammation process by releasing a range of substances. One of these substances is called tumor necrosis factor (TNF). It attaches to the outside of cells at sites called receptors, stimulating the receptors and triggering the cell to produce inflammatory proteins. However, when Cimzia is injected, the certolizumab pegol it contains attaches to the TNF released by your immune system. This blocks the TNF, stopping it from stimulating your cells to release inflammatory proteins. This reduces how much inflammation your immune system can trigger, easing the symptoms of your disease.
Cimzia side effects
The most common side effects caused by Cimzia include:
- An increase in upper respiratory infections, including colds and the flu
- An increase in bladder and urinary tract infections
- A skin rash
In rarer instances, Cimzia can cause more serious side effects. When these occur, they may include:
- An increased risk of certain cancers, including lymphoma (cancers that begin in the immune system) and skin cancers
- New or worsening heart failure
- New or worsening damage to your nerves that can cause multiple sclerosis or Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause a rapid heartbeat, chest pain, sweating, skin rashes and hives, as well as swelling of the face, mouth, and throat that can make it difficult to breathe
- A weakening of your immune system that can make you more vulnerable to infections, including serious infection, like tuberculosis
- An immune system reaction that can cause a lupus-like syndrome, with symptoms including shortness of breath, joint pain, and skin rashes
- A reactivation of a hepatitis B infection if you have previously had hepatitis B
- Low white blood cell counts that can weaken your immune system
- Low red blood cell counts that can cause anemia
- Low blood platelet counts that can stop your blood clotting and leave you vulnerable to bleeding problems
Cimzia drug interactions
Cimzia can interact with other medications, particularly:
- Kineret (anakinra), taken to treat rheumatoid arthritis
- Orencia (abatacept), taken to treat a range of autoimmune diseases
- Any other medications taken to treat your autoimmune disease, including Remicade (infliximab), Humira (adalimumab), Enbrel (etanercept), or Simponi (golimumab)
Cimzia warning and precautions
Cimzia is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Cimzia if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient certolizumab pegol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Cimzia
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Cimzia if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Cimzia
- Have, or have ever had, any type of cancer
- Have, or have ever had, congestive heart failure
- Have, or have ever had, any kind of blood disorder
- Have, or have ever had, any condition that affects your nervous system, like multiple sclerosis or Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Currently have an active infection, or think you have an infection
- Often get infections, or have infections that keep coming back
- Have or have ever had hepatitis B
- Have recently had a vaccine or are due to have a vaccine
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are allergic to rubber or latex (the plastic needle shield inside the removable cap of the prefilled syringe contains a natural rubber)
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.