Erleada Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Erleada medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Erleada cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Erleada patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Erleada through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Erleada patient assistance program?
You could receive your Erleada without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Erleada patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Erleada.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Erleada patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Erleada medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx an Erleada coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Erleada patient assistance program. This means that we are not an Erleada coupon, an Erleada discount card, or an Erleada copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Erleada samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Erleada if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Erleada medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Erleada with insurance?
The cost of Erleada will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Erleada cost without insurance?
Erleada costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Erleada tablets 60 mg will typically cost around $13,500 for 120 tablets. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Erleada?
Erleada contains the prescription medicine apalutamide and is used to treat prostate cancer:
- That has spread to other parts of the body but still responds to medical or surgical treatment that helps to lower testosterone
- That has not spread to other parts of the body and no longer responds to a medical or surgical treatment that helps to lower testosterone
It is not known if Erleada is safe and effective to use in females or children.
Erleada tablets can be taken with or without food at the same time each day. The normal dose is to take 4 tablets altogether. Do not stop taking the medicine unless advised to do so by your doctor. You may need regular tests whilst taking this medicine.
Erleada active ingredients
Erleada contains apalutamide, it is essentially an anti-androgen. It works in the body by stopping the effects of androgens (male hormones).
Apalutamide works in the body by blocking androgen receptors by binding to the androgen receptor itself. Apalutamide also stops an abnormality in the body where chromosomes within the nucleus break and reattach to other chromosomes, it also prevents DNA from binding, and slows the process whereby DNA is copied into RNA.
Apalutamide has been shown in animal studies to reduce the spread and growth of the tumor as well as to cause the death of the tumor cells, thereby helping to treat prostate cancer.
Erleada side effects
The most common side effects caused by Erleada include:
- Diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss
- Joint pain and bone fractures
- Feeling tired
- Loss of balance and falls
- Increase in blood pressure (hypertension)
In rare instances, Erleada can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Chest pain
- Feeling short of breath
- Symptoms of a stroke – sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), severe headaches, slurred speech, problems with balance, falls
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Erleada against your risk of side effects.
Erleada drug interactions
Erleada can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for heart arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) – amiodarone, dronedarone, disopyramide
- Treatment for high blood pressure (hypertension) – amlodipine, felodipine, nifedipine
- Blood thinners – apixaban, rivaroxaban
- Anti-viral treatment – boceprevir, dolutegravir, ritonavir
- Anti-depressants – citalopram, escitalopram
- Treatment for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine, haloperidol
- Treatments for cancer – everolimus, ribociclib, sunitinib, tucatinib, bosutinib
- Opioid pain killers – fentanyl, hydrocodone, oxycodone
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- Immuno-suppressants – voclosporin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Erleada.
Erleada warning and precautions
You should not use Erleada if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient apalutamide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Erleada
- Are a woman or a child
Talk to your doctor before using Erleada if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Erleada
- Have a brain tumor or have had a head injury
- Suffer from seizures
- Have had a stroke
- Have high blood pressure or have heart disease
- Have diabetes
- Have high fat or cholesterol blood levels
- Have any problems with your bones and joints
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.