Xtandi Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Xtandi medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Xtandi cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Xtandi patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Xtandi patient assistance?
We review each Xtandi enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Xtandi patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Xtandi patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Xtandi. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Xtandi coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Xtandi coupon, Xtandi discount card, or Xtandi copay card provider. We do not offer Xtandi manufacturer coupons, Xtandi discounts, rebates, Xtandi savings cards, trial offers, or free Xtandi samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Xtandi patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Xtandi if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Xtandi if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Xtandi
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Xtandi prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Xtandi medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Xtandi with insurance?
The cost of Xtandi with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Xtandi cost without insurance?
Xtandi prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Xtandi will cost around $13,000 for 120, 40 mg Xtandi tablets or capsules (four weeks’ worth of Xtandi).
What is Xtandi?
Xtandi is a prescription medication used to treat men with prostate cancer. Cancerous prostate cells often need the hormone testosterone to grow and spread (testosterone attaches to the outside of the cancerous cells and stimulates them to grow). Hormone therapy can be used to reduce testosterone levels to slow or kill the cancer. If this does not prove effective, an alternative approach is to use a medication that stops testosterone from attaching to your cancerous cells.
Xtandi is used when prostate cancer does not respond to hormone therapy or surgery or has spread too far to be treated by surgery alone. In research trials, Xtandi lowered the chance of prostate cancer progression by between 61% and 83%. You take Xtandi as a tablet you swallow once a day.
Xtandi active ingredients
The active ingredient in Xtandi is called enzalutamide.
Enzalutamide is a medication that stops testosterone from attaching to and stimulating cancerous cells. It works by binding to the outside of cancerous cells at areas called androgen receptors. This is where testosterone would normally attach to your cancerous cells. By attaching to the receptor sites instead, enzalutamide blocks testosterone and stops it from stimulating the growth and spread of the cancerous cells.
Xtandi side effects
The most common side effects caused by Xtandi include:
- Joint pain
- Back pain
- Feeling more tired than usual
- Hot flushes
- A fall in appetite
- High blood pressure
In rarer instances, Xtandi can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, and throat that can make it difficult to breathe
- High blood pressure or heart problems that can cause chest pains, trouble breathing, headaches, and blurred vision
- An increased risk of falls and fractures caused by fainting or seizures
- Symptoms of a lung infection – cough with yellow or green mucus, chest pain, fever, trouble breathing
- Red or pink urine
Xtandi drug interactions
Xtandi can interact with other medications, particularly:
- Alpha-blockers for the heart, such as alfuzosin, silodosin, and tamsulosin
- Beta-blockers for high blood pressure, such as propranolol and sotalol
- Calcium channel blockers for the heart, such as amlodipine, felodipine, and nicardipine
- Antiviral medications taken to treat hepatitis C infection, such as telaprevir
- Any other antiviral medications taken to treat another viral infection, boceprevir, daclatasvir, and fostemsavir
- Any antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection, including rifampicin or clarithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any medications taken to lower cholesterol levels, including atorvastatin or simvastatin
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Dofetilide, an antiarrhythmic agent used to treat heart rhythm problems
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Xtandi. Talk to your doctor if you are taking antibiotics, any hormone therapy, medicines for diabetes, steroids or medication for asthma, antidepressants, or medicine for a mental illness.
Xtandi warning and precautions
Xtandi is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Xtandi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient enzalutamide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xtandi
- Are not a man with prostate cancer
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Xtandi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xtandi
- Have or have ever had a seizure
- Have or have ever had a stroke
- Have or have ever had a brain tumor or brain injury
- Have or have ever had heart disease
- Have high blood pressure
- Have high levels of fat or cholesterol in your blood
- Have a partner who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.