Gammagard Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Gammagard medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Gammagard cost savings if eligible
The Gammagard patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Gammagard, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Gammagard patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Gammagard assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Gammagard patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Gammagard patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Gammagard.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Gammagard assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Gammagard patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Gammagard.
Is NiceRx a Gammagard coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Gammagard patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Gammagard samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Gammagard coupons, discount cards, or Gammagard copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Gammagard if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Gammagard medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Gammagard with insurance?
The cost of Gammagard will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Gammagard with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Gammagard cost without insurance?
Gammagard prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Gammagard Liquid injectable solution 10% typically costs $165 for 10 milliliters.
What is Gammagard?
Gammagard contains the prescription medicine immune globulin, it is used for the treatment of:
- Primary immunodeficient states such as congenital agammaglobulinemia, common variable immunodeficiency, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, and severe combined immunodeficiencies
- Bacterial infections in patients with hypogammaglobulinemia and/or recurrent bacterial infections linked to B-cell Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- When a rapid increase in platelet count is needed to prevent and/or to control bleeding in patients with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Prevention of coronary artery aneurysms linked to Kawasaki syndrome
Gammagard active ingredients
Gammagard contains IgG antibodies which work against a wide variety of bacteria and viruses. The antibodies enable the bacteria or virus to be destroyed by your natural defenses. How long the IgG works in the body varies greatly from person to person.
Gammagard can cause blood clots in certain patient groups. The chance of this happening is higher in older patients, patients who get blood clots, have blood circulation problems, or have heart problems. People taking hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills or having long-term bed rest are also more likely to suffer from blood clots.
Gammagard can also be harmful to your kidneys. Contact your doctor if you have chest pain, difficulty breathing, an increased heart rate, swelling in an arm or leg, rapid weight gain, or a reduction in urination.
Gammagard side effects
The most common side effects caused by Gammagard include:
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Stomach pain
- Headache, muscle, joint, or back pain
- Increased blood pressure
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Feeling tired, weak, or dizziness
- Difficulty swallowing, blisters in your mouth, swollen gums
- Sore throat, cough, runny or blocked nose, fever
- Redness, swelling, or itching where the injection was given
- Rash, redness, or bruising
In rare instances, Gammagard can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Pale or yellowy skin, dark colored urine
- Feeling thirsty or hot, unable to urinate, sweating, or hot and dry skin
- Kidney problems – little or no urination, swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing, blue colored lips, fingers, or toes
- Fever with a severe headache, neck stiffness, eye pain, and increased sensitivity to light
- Signs of a blood clot – shortness of breath, chest pain with deep breathing, rapid heart rate, numbness or weakness down one side of the body, swelling and warmth or discoloration in an arm or leg
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Gammagard against your risk of side effects.
Gammagard drug interactions
Gammagard can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antifungal medication – amphotericin
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – bromfenac, celecoxib, diclofenac, etodolac, ketoprofen, piroxicam
- Treatments for ulcerative colitis – balsalazide, olsalazine
- Immuno-suppressants – cyclosporine, voclosporin
- Antiviral medication – cidofovir, tenofovir
- Antibiotics for bacterial infections – gentamicin, kanamycin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Gammagard.
Gammagard warning and precautions
You should not use Gammagard if you:
- Have an allergy to blood products
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Gammagard
- Have Gammagard Liquid A (IgA) deficiency with antibody to IgA
Talk to your doctor before using Gammagard if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Gammagard
- Have heart problems or blood circulation problems
- Have had a stroke or blood clot
- Have kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have sepsis
- Are using hormone replacement therapy or are taking birth control pills
- Have been on long-term bed rest
- Have a central intravenous (IV) catheter in place
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.