Gammagard Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Gammagard medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Gammagard coupons provider?
NiceRx does not offer trial offers or free Gammagard samples, Gammagard coupons, discount cards, or Gammagard copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Gammagard if I have insurance?
How much is Gammagard with insurance?
The cost of Gammagard will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Gammagard with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Gammagard cost without insurance?
Gammagard prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Gammagard Liquid injectable solution 10% typically costs $165 for 10 milliliters.
What is Gammagard?
Gammagard contains the prescription medicine immune globulin, it is used for the treatment of:
- Primary immunodeficient states such as congenital agammaglobulinemia, common variable immunodeficiency, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, and severe combined immunodeficiencies
- Bacterial infections in patients with hypogammaglobulinemia and/or recurrent bacterial infections linked to B-cell Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- When a rapid increase in platelet count is needed to prevent and/or to control bleeding in patients with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Prevention of coronary artery aneurysms linked to Kawasaki syndrome
Gammagard active ingredients
Gammagard contains IgG antibodies which work against a wide variety of bacteria and viruses. The antibodies enable the bacteria or virus to be destroyed by your natural defenses. How long the IgG works in the body varies greatly from person to person.
Gammagard can cause blood clots in certain patient groups. The chance of this happening is higher in older patients, patients who get blood clots, have blood circulation problems, or have heart problems. People taking hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills or having long-term bed rest are also more likely to suffer from blood clots.
Gammagard can also be harmful to your kidneys. Contact your doctor if you have chest pain, difficulty breathing, an increased heart rate, swelling in an arm or leg, rapid weight gain, or a reduction in urination.
Gammagard side effects
The most common side effects caused by Gammagard include:
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Stomach pain
- Headache, muscle, joint, or back pain
- Increased blood pressure
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Feeling tired, weak, or dizziness
- Difficulty swallowing, blisters in your mouth, swollen gums
- Sore throat, cough, runny or blocked nose, fever
- Redness, swelling, or itching where the injection was given
- Rash, redness, or bruising
In rare instances, Gammagard can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Pale or yellowy skin, dark colored urine
- Feeling thirsty or hot, unable to urinate, sweating, or hot and dry skin
- Kidney problems – little or no urination, swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing, blue colored lips, fingers, or toes
- Fever with a severe headache, neck stiffness, eye pain, and increased sensitivity to light
- Signs of a blood clot – shortness of breath, chest pain with deep breathing, rapid heart rate, numbness or weakness down one side of the body, swelling and warmth or discoloration in an arm or leg
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Gammagard against your risk of side effects.
Gammagard drug interactions
Gammagard can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antifungal medication – amphotericin
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – bromfenac, celecoxib, diclofenac, etodolac, ketoprofen, piroxicam
- Treatments for ulcerative colitis – balsalazide, olsalazine
- Immuno-suppressants – cyclosporine, voclosporin
- Antiviral medication – cidofovir, tenofovir
- Antibiotics for bacterial infections – gentamicin, kanamycin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Gammagard.
Gammagard warning and precautions
You should not use Gammagard if you:
- Have an allergy to blood products
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Gammagard
- Have Gammagard Liquid A (IgA) deficiency with antibody to IgA
Talk to your doctor before using Gammagard if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Gammagard
- Have heart problems or blood circulation problems
- Have had a stroke or blood clot
- Have kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have sepsis
- Are using hormone replacement therapy or are taking birth control pills
- Have been on long-term bed rest
- Have a central intravenous (IV) catheter in place
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.