Imfinzi Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Imfinzi medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Imfinzi cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Imfinzi patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Imfinzi prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Imfinzi patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Imfinzi patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Imfinzi patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Imfinzi patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Imfinzi. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Imfinzi assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Imfinzi patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Imfinzi medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Imfinzi coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Imfinzi patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Imfinzi manufacturer coupons, Imfinzi discounts, or free Imfinzi samples. We are not an Imfinzi coupon provider or Imfinzi discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Imfinzi if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Imfinzi patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Imfinzi medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Imfinzi with insurance?
The cost of Imfinzi with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Imfinzi cost without insurance?
Imfinzi prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and how much you buy. As a guide, Imfinzi intravenous solution (50 mg/mL) usually costs $940 for 2.4 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Imfinzi?
Imfinzi contains the prescription medicine durvalumab, it is a human immunoglobulin monoclonal antibody and classed as a checkpoint inhibitor. Imfinzi is used for the treatment of:
- Non-small cell lung cancer – where the tumor can not be removed and where cancer has not changed after chemotherapy or radiation treatment
- Small cell lung cancer – with etoposide and carboplatin, or cisplatin when cancer has grown within your lungs or spread to other parts of your body
- Urothelial carcinoma (bladder cancer) – for adults with advanced cancer or cancer that has spread to other parts of your body during or after chemotherapy
Imfinzi is given as an infusion directly into your vein, once every 2,3, or 4 weeks, depending on what your doctor advises. Treatment can take up to one hour as the infusion must be given slowly.
Imfinzi active ingredients
Within the tumor environment in the body, a substance known as PD-L1 is released onto and around the tumor cells as well as onto the T cells released by the immune system to fight the tumor. PD-L1 stops the T-cells from working against the tumor.
Durvalumab is a human immunoglobulin monoclonal antibody that attaches itself to the PD-L1 in the body. Through a series of steps, durvalumab has the effect of allowing the T-cells to once again function as they should.
In lab tests, it is seen that blocking the action of PD-L1 with durvalumab increases T-cell action and reduces the size of tumors.
Imfinzi side effects
The most common side effects caused by Imfinzi include:
- Painful urination
- Reduced appetite
- Tiredness or weakness
- Muscle or bone pain
- Cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, stuffy nose
- Hair loss
- Rash, or swelling in your arms and legs
In rare instances, Imfinzi can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Pains in your chest
- Severe stomach pains, bloody stools, diarrhea
- Worsening or blistering rash
- Flu-like symptoms, fever
- Change in behavior or mood
- Vision problems, red or painful eye
- Jaundice (yellow color to skin or eyes), dark urine, easily bruised
- Swelling in your feet or ankles, little or no urination
- Transplant rejection – swelling around your transplanted organ
- Symptoms of hormonal problems – headaches, tiredness or light-headedness, change in voice, increased hunger or thirst, increased urination, hair loss, feeling cold, weight loss, or gain
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Imfinzi against your risk of side effects.
Imfinzi drug interactions
Imfinzi can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn’s disease – adalimumab, certolizumab, natalizumab, golimumab
- Vaccines – BCG, influenza, measles, mumps, rotavirus, rubella, smallpox, varicella, yellow fever, zoster live
- Treatment for rheumatic arthritis – baricitinib, upadacitinib
- Immunosuppresants – etanercept, fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- DMARDs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs) – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Steroid treatment – betamethasone, cortisone, hydrocortisone, prednisolone
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Imfinzi.
Imfinzi warning and precautions
You should not use Imfinzi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient durvalumab
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Imfinzi
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Imfinzi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Imfinzi
- Have an infection
- Have had an organ transplant, either recently or in the future
- Have any lung disease or breathing difficulties
- Have liver disease
- Have an autoimmune disorder such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.