Kadcyla Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Kadcyla medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Kadcyla cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Kadcyla prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Kadcyla patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Kadcyla patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Kadcyla enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Kadcyla patient assistance program?
Applying for the Kadcyla patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Kadcyla, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Kadcyla assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Kadcyla patient assistance program, we will also automatically request your Kadcyla medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Kadcyla coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Kadcyla coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Kadcyla manufacturer coupons, Kadcyla discounts, rebates, Kadcyla savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Kadcyla medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Kadcyla if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Kadcyla patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Kadcyla
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Kadcyla prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Kadcyla with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Kadcyla with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Kadcyla cost without insurance?
Kadcyla prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Kadcyla intravenous powder for injection 100 mg will typically cost around $3,450 for 1 powder for injection.
What is Kadcyla?
Kadcyla contains the prescription medicine ado-trastuzumab emtansine. Kadcyla is used for the treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer. It is used for early breast cancer and metastatic breast cancer (where the breast cancer has spread to other parts of the body). Kadcyla is used where another medication has failed or where cancer has come back.
Kadcyla is given as an infusion directly into a vein. The process can take 30 to 90 minutes to complete. Kadcyla is given once every 3 weeks and you will need to be monitored closely to make sure the medicine is not causing any harmful side effects.
Kadcyla active ingredients
Ado-trastuzumab emtansine is a HER2-targeted antibody-drug conjugate, meaning that the medication acts directly on the cancer cells.
The antibody is the humanized anti-HER2 IgG1, trastuzumab. Humanized antibodies are antibodies from non-human species that have been modified to make them more similar to antibodies produced naturally in humans. The small molecule cytotoxin, DM1, is a microtubule inhibitor. Its function is to block the function of cellular microtubules. Microtubules are made from tubulin and are key to the structure of cells. Microtubules are involved in transport, cell shape, movement, and cell division. Through a series of biological processes involving ado-trastuzumab emtansine, DM1 is released into the cells. DM1 attaches itself to tubulin, blocking the entire microtubule network in the cell and eventually leading to cell death.
Kadcyla side effects
The most common side effects caused by Kadcyla include:
- Nausea, headaches
- Muscle or joint pain
- Bruised easily or bleeding (especially nosebleeds)
In rare instances, Kadcyla can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Loss of appetite, upper right side stomach pain, jaundice (yellow color to skin or eyes)
- Sudden numbness or weakness especially down one side of your body, slurred speech, dizziness
- Purple or red spots under your skin
- Bloody or darker tarry stools
- Vomit that looks like ground coffee, or coughing up blood
- Chest pain, wheezing, dry cough, difficulty breathing
- Feeling tired and faint
- Pale, cold, clammy skin
- Cold, numb, tingling, or burning sensation in hands or feet
- Symptoms of the breakdown of tumor cells – nausea, vomiting, muscle cramps, confusion, weakness, irregular heartbeat, less urination
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Kadcyla against your risk of side effects.
Kadcyla drug interactions
Kadcyla can interact with other medications. These include:
- Blood thinners – abciximab, apixaban, bivalirudin, clopidogrel, aspirin, dipyridamole, dabigatran, enoxaparin, heparin, warfarin, rivaroxaban
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Treatments for hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) – mipomersen, atorvastatin, simvastatin
- Anti-depressants – citalopram, fluoxetine, sertraline
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – ibuprofen, ketoprofen, naproxen
- Treatment for HIV – tipranavir, ritonavir
- Other treatments for cancer – zanubrutinib, regorafenib, ramucirumab,
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Kadcyla.
Kadcyla warning and precautions
You should not use Kadcyla if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ado-trastuzumab emtansine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Kadcyla
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Kadcyla if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Kadcyla
- Have any heart problems
- Have liver disease, especially hepatitis B or C
- Have bleeding or blood clotting disorders
- Have any breathing disorders such as asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.