Kyleena Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Kyleena medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Kyleena cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Kyleena patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Kyleena prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Kyleena patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Kyleena patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Kyleena patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Kyleena patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Kyleena. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Kyleena assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Kyleena patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Kyleena medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Kyleena coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Kyleena patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Kyleena manufacturer coupons, Kyleena discounts, or free Kyleena samples. We are not a Kyleena coupon provider or Kyleena discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Kyleena if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Kyleena patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Kyleena medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Kyleena with insurance?
The cost of Kyleena with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Kyleena cost without insurance?
Kyleena prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Kyleena intrauterine device 19.5 mg usually costs $1,053 for 1 device. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Kyleena?
Kyleena contains the prescription medicine levonorgestrel. Kyleena is used for birth control to prevent pregnancy for up to 3 to 6 years. Levonorgestrel is a synthetic progestin hormone and does not contain estrogen.
Kyleena is a T-shaped plastic intrauterine device (IUD) inserted through the vagina and placed into the uterus by a doctor. The Kyleena IUD device releases levonorgestrel into the uterus, causing changes in your cervix and uterus. Kyleena may be used alone or with other medications. Kyleena should not be used for emergency contraception.
Kyleena active ingredients
How exactly Kyleena and its release of levonorgestrel (LNG) within the uterus has a contraceptive effect has not been shown clearly. It is thought that Kyleena and similar LNG products have several methods of action. These include:
- thickening of the mucus in the cervix, which makes it more difficult for the sperm to pass into the uterus
- preventing sperm from maturing into sperm that are able to fertilize an egg
- making it more difficult for the sperm to survive in the uterus
- to alter the lining of the uterus wall (endometrium)
Kyleena side effects
The most common side effects caused by Kyleena include:
- pelvic pain
- ovarian cysts
- vaginal itching or infection
- missed or irregular menstrual periods (especially during the first 3 to 6 months)
- temporary pain, bleeding, or dizziness during insertion of the IUD
- stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, bloating
- headache, migraine
- depression, mood changes
- back pain
- breast tenderness or pain
- increase in weight
- changes in hair growth
- loss of interest in sex
- puffiness in your face, hands, ankles, or feet
In rare instances, Kyleena can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- pain during sexual intercourse
- severe cramps
- severe headaches and migraine
- severely dizzy or lightheaded
- confusion, vision problems, sensitivity to light
- heavy vaginal bleeding, vaginal sores, unusual vaginal discharge
- pale skin, weakness, easily bruised or bleeding, fever, chills, or other signs of infection
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body)
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Kyleena against your risk of side effects.
Kyleena drug interactions
Kyleena can interact with other medications which can affect your blood levels of levonorgestrel and make this form of birth control less effective. These include:
- Antivirals – amprenavir, boceprevir, fosamprenavir, telaprevir
- Anticancer treatment – brigatinib, dabrafenib, encorafenib, pexidartinib
- Anticonvulsants – carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, felbamate
- etretinate – for the treatment of severe psoriasis
- st johns wort
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Kyleena.
Kyleena warning and precautions
You should not use Kyleena if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient levonorgestrel
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Kyleena
- Have abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Have an untreated pelvic infection
- Have endometriosis or a serious pelvic infection after a pregnancy or abortion in the last 3 months
- Have breast, cervix, or uterine cancer
- Have uterine fibroid tumors
- Have liver disease or a liver tumor
- Have a weak immune system due to conditions such as AIDS or leukemia
- If you have another IUD device in place
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Kyleena if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Kyleena
- Have or have ever had high blood pressure, heart problems, or a stroke
- Have any bleeding problems
- Suffer from migraines or headaches
- Have a vaginal or pelvic infection, or have a sexually transmitted disease
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.