Kyprolis Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Kyprolis medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Kyprolis cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Kyprolis patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Kyprolis through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Kyprolis patient assistance program?
You could receive your Kyprolis without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Kyprolis patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Kyprolis.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Kyprolis patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Kyprolis medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Kyprolis coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Kyprolis patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Kyprolis coupon, a Kyprolis discount card, or a Kyprolis copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Kyprolis samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Kyprolis if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Kyprolis medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Kyprolis with insurance?
The cost of Kyprolis will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Kyprolis cost without insurance?
Kyprolis costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Kyprolis intravenous powder for injection will typically cost around $460 for 1 powder. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Kyprolis?
Kyprolis contains the prescription medicine carfilzomib, used for the treatment of multiple myeloma. Multiple myeloma is a type of bone marrow cancer. Bone marrow is the soft tissue at the center of some bones. Multiple myeloma often affects several areas of the body, such as the spine, skull, pelvis, and ribs.
- Kyprolis is used for the treatment of adult patients with multiple myeloma that has come back (relapsed) or myeloma that no longer responds to treatment (refractory) who have received one to three lines of therapy in combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone, dexamethasone, or daratumumab and dexamethasone
- Kyprolis is used on its own for the treatment of adult patients with multiple myeloma that has come back (relapsed) or myeloma that no longer responds to treatment (refractory) who have received one or more lines of therapy
Kyprolis active ingredients
Carfilzomib blocks the action of specific enzymes in the body called tetrapeptide epoxyketone proteasome by attaching to the enzyme. Proteasome has an important part in the role of the regulation of proteins that control cell life cycle and death. In tests, carfilzomib reduces the growth and spread, and encourages cell death of the tumor. In animals, carfilzomib is seen to reduce the action of proteasome in blood and tissue, as well as reduce the growth of tumors.
Kyprolis is given as an infusion directly into a vein in a 28-day treatment cycle. You will only receive an injection on certain days of this cycle. You may be prescribed other medication to stop infections or other side effects while taking Kyprolis, and you will also need regular medicals tests.
Kyprolis side effects
The most common side effects caused by Kyprolis include:
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Fever, cold symptoms, sore throat
- Low potassium, muscle spasm, irregular heartbeat, thirsty, increased urination, muscle weakness
- Difficulty sleeping, tiredness
- Bruising or pale skin
In rare instances, Kyprolis can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Feeling light-headed or faint, headache, confusion, dizziness
- Bleeding that will not stop, coughing up blood, blood in your stools
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Jaundice (yellow color of the skin or eyes)
- Chest pain, spreading to your jaw or shoulder, blurred vision, severe headache
- Little or no urination, swelling in your feet or ankles
- Mouth sores, skin sores, pale skin, cold hands and feet
- Shortness of breath, wheezing, blue colored lips and skin, cough
- Sudden numbness or weakness, slurred speech
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Kyprolis against your risk of side effects.
Kyprolis drug interactions
Kyprolis can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment of auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis – adalimumab
- Treatments for cancer – baricitinib, upadacitinib
- Treatment for mental health disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine
- Androgenic hormones – danazol
- Estrogen steroid hormones – estradiol, estrone, norgestrel
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Treatment for osteoporosis – raloxifene
- Treatments to help control bleeding – tranexamic acid
- Immuno-suppressants – voclosporin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Kyprolis.
Kyprolis warning and precautions
You should not use Kyprolis if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient carfilzomib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Kyprolis
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Kyprolis if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Kyprolis
- Have kidney disease or if you are on dialysis
- Have heart disease or a high blood pressure
- Have had a heart attack or stroke
- Have lung disease
- Have any liver problems
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.