Gleevec Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Gleevec medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Gleevec cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Gleevec patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Gleevec patient assistance?
We review each Gleevec enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Gleevec patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Gleevec patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Gleevec. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Gleevec coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Gleevec coupon, Gleevec discount card, or Gleevec copay card provider. We do not offer Gleevec manufacturer coupons, Gleevec discounts, rebates, Gleevec savings cards, trial offers, or free Gleevec samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Gleevec patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Gleevec if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Gleevec if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Gleevec
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Gleevec prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Gleevec medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Gleevec with insurance?
The cost of Gleevec with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Gleevec cost without insurance?
Gleevec prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength of tablet you buy (100 mg or 400 mg). Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Gleevec is an expensive medication and will cost around $10,000 for a pack of 30, 400 mg Gleevec tablets.
What is Gleevec?
Gleevec is a prescription chemotherapy medication given to adults and children from 1 year of age. It’s prescribed to treat a range of cancers, including:
- Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myeloid leukemia in adults and children
- Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases in adults
- Aggressive systemic mastocytosis in adults
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome and/or chronic eosinophilic leukemia in adults
- Unresectable, recurrent, and/or metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors
If you have a type of cancer that can be treated by Gleevec, your doctor may have prescribed it to you. Gleevec is a type of chemotherapy but is taken as a pill rather than being injected. You typically take Gleevec once per day, but your prescribing doctor will tell you how much Gleevec to take and how often based on your condition. Always take your Gleevec exactly as directed by your doctor.
Gleevec active ingredients
The active ingredient in Gleevec is called imatinib. It is a type of chemotherapy that is taken as a tablet rather than injected.
When you swallow a Gleevec tablet, the imatinib it contains is absorbed into your cancerous cells. It then works by binding to tyrosine kinase enzymes in your cancerous cells. The cancerous cells need these enzymes to function and grow. By blocking them, imatinib stops the cells from functioning properly and triggers them to self-terminate.
Gleevec side effects
The most common side effects caused by Gleevec include:
- Stomach (abdominal) pain
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- A loss of appetite
- Tiredness (fatigue)
- Skin rashes
- Fluid retention (holding water)
- Muscle cramps or pain
- Pain in your bones
- A fall in red blood cell counts that can lead to anemia
- A risk of abnormal bleeding (hemorrhage)
In rarer instances, Gleevec can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Heart failure
- An increase in pressure in the heart and/or brain that can be fatal in severe cases
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause anaphylaxis
- Severe fluid retention (holding water), which can cause swelling around the eyes or swelling of the lower legs, lungs, and heart that can be fatal in severe cases
- Liver problems that can reduce liver function
- Kidney problems that can reduce kidney function
- Gastrointestinal perforations (tears)
- Skin blistering
- Low levels of thyroid hormone
- Low levels of white blood cells that can make you vulnerable to infections, including serious infections
- Low levels of red blood cells that can lead to severe anemia
- Low levels of blood platelets that can increase the risk of serious bleeding problems (hemorrhage)
- Tumor lysis syndrome – a harmful condition caused by the rapid death of cancerous cells in your body
- Slowed growth in children
Gleevec drug interactions
Gleevec can interact with other medications, including:
- Any medications you take to treat a heart rhythm problem – diltiazem, flecainide, amiodarone
- Any medications you take to treat a mental health condition like depression or anxiety, such as an antidepressant
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- Any antiviral medications take to treat a hepatitis C infection, including boceprevir or telaprevir
- Any other antiviral medications taken to treat any other viral infection
- Any antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any medications taken to lower cholesterol levels, including atorvastatin, simvastatin
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- A herbal supplement called St John’s-wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Gleevec warning and precautions
Gleevec can cause harm to your unborn baby. If you are a woman who can become pregnant, you must use effective contraception when taking Gleevec and for 14 days after your last dose. Talk to your doctor if you are taking Gleevec and think you are pregnant. Gleevec can be present in breast milk. Do not breastfeed whilst taking Gleevec and for one month after your last dose.
The medication can cause side effects that can impair your ability to drive, operate machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid these activities whilst taking Gleevec until you are confident it does not impair your ability to perform them safely.
Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while taking Gleevec. Grapefruit can increase the risk of side effects by increasing how quickly your body absorbs the medication. It should also not be given to children under 1 year of age.
Gleevec isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Gleevec if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient imatinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Gleevec
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before taking Gleevec if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Gleevec
- Have or have ever had any heart, liver, kidney, thyroid, or gastrointestinal problems
- Have or have ever had any problems with fluid retention
- Think you have an infection
- Have an infection that keeps coming back
- Are due to have a vaccine
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected]rx.com within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.