How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Lamictal Starter Kit cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Lamictal Starter Kit prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Lamictal Starter Kit. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Lamictal Starter Kit assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Lamictal Starter Kit medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Lamictal Starter Kit coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Lamictal Starter Kit manufacturer coupons, Lamictal Starter Kit discounts, or free Lamictal Starter Kit samples. We are not a Lamictal Starter Kit coupon provider or Lamictal Starter Kit discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Lamictal Starter Kit cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Lamictal Starter Kit patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Lamictal Starter Kit medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Lamictal Starter Kit cost without insurance?
Lamictal Starter Kit cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Lamictal Starter Kit Orange usually costs $885 for 1 49 Kit. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Lamictal Starter Kit cost with insurance?
The copay for Lamictal Starter Kit with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Lamictal Starter Kit?
Lamictal Starter Kit is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline. Lamictal Starter Kit is an anti-epileptic drug, also called an anticonvulsant used for:
- Epilepsy – as adjunctive therapy in patients 2 years of age and older with partial-onset seizures, primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures, or generalized seizures of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome
- Epilepsy – as monotherapy in patients16 years of age and older: Changing over to Lamictal ODT monotherapy in patients with partial-onset seizures who are being treated with carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, or valproate as the single AED
- Bipolar disorder in patients 18 years of age and older, as maintenance treatment of bipolar I disorder to delay the occurrence of mood episodes in patients being treated for acute mood episodes with standard therapy
What doses of Lamictal Starter Kit are available?
Lamictal Starter Kit is available in orange, blue and green. These provide the recommended initial dose and the dose regimen for the first five weeks of treatment with lamotrigine for patients older than 12.
It is important to note that if you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time.
Please read the full medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Lamictal Starter Kit active ingredients
The Lamictal starter pack contains lamotrigine as the active ingredient.
Lamictal Starter Kit side effects
The most common side effects of Lamictal Starter Kit in clinical trials include:
- Dizziness, headache, double vision, ataxia, nausea, blurred vision
- Somnolence, sleepiness, drowsiness, insomnia
- Dry mouth, rhinitis, pharyngitis
- Back pain, fatigue
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea
In rare instances, Lamictal Starter Kit can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Life-threatening serious skin rashes, including Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis, and/or rash-related death
- Fatal or life-threatening hypersensitivity reactions
- Blood dyscrasias – neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- Aseptic meningitis
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, fever, swollen glands, weakness, severe muscle pain
- Painful sores in your mouth or around your eyes
- Swollen glands, severe muscle pain, bruising or unusual bleeding, yellowing of your skin or eyes, neck stiffness, or increased sensitivity to light.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction such as hives, trouble breathing, swelling in your face or throat, sore throat, burning eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash with blistering and peeling.
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Lamictal Starter Kit against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Lamictal Starter Kit to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Lamictal Starter Kit drug interactions
Lamictal Starter Kit can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other medications to treat seizures – carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, and valproic acid (valproate)
- Estrogen-containing oral contraceptives such as birth control pills or patches
- Protease inhibitors lopinavir/ritonavir, atazanavir/ritonavir, and rifampin
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with LamictalStarter Kit. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Lamictal Starter Kit contraindications
You should not use Lamictal Starter Kit if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient lamotrigine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in the Lamictal Starter Kit
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Lamictal Starter Kit if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with the Lamictal Starter Kit
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Lamictal Starter Kit generic
Lamictal Starter Kit is the trademark brand name for lamotrigine manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline. A generic version of lamotrigine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Lamictal Starter Kit savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.