Otrexup Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Otrexup medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx an Otrexup coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Otrexup samples. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Otrexup coupons, discount cards, or Otrexup copay cards.
Oxtrexup patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Otrexup cost without insurance?
Otrexup prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Otrexup subcutaneous solution (10 mg/0.4 mL) typically costs $730 for 1.6 milliliters.
How much does Otrexup cost with insurance?
The copay for Otrexup will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Otrexup with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Otrexup?
Otrexup (methotrexate injection) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured for Antares Pharma, Inc. Otrexup is a folate analog metabolic inhibitor used to treat the symptoms of Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, osteosarcoma, breast cancer, Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia, severe active rheumatoid arthritis, and polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, in patients who are not tolerant of or have had an inadequate response to first-line therapy; and psoriasis in adults who are not fully responsive to other therapy. Otrexup is not recommended for the treatment of neoplastic diseases.
What doses of Otrexup are available?
Otrexup is available as a Single-dose auto-injector delivering 0.4 mL of methotrexate in the following dosage strengths: 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20mg, and 25 mg.
Methotrexate can lower levels of folate in your body. Take folic acid supplements with methotrexate to prevent a folate deficiency. Folate deficiency can lead to symptoms such as fatigue, muscle weakness, mouth sores, and neurological symptoms.
Please read the instructions for use supplied with your medicine and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Otrexup active ingredients
Otrexup contains methotrexate as the active ingredient. It is classed as an Antineoplastics, Antimetabolite; DMARDs, Immunomodulators; Immunosuppressants.
Otrexup side effects
The most common side effects of Otrexup in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, stomach pain, dyspepsia, diarrhea, vomiting
- Stomatitis/mouth sores, rash, nasopharyngitis, sore throat
- Hair loss
- Liver function test abnormalities
- Headache, dizziness
- Thrombocytopenia, leucopenia, pancytopenia
- Photosensitivity, and burning of skin lesions
In rare instances, Otrexup can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Bone marrow, liver, lung, skin, and kidney toxicities
- Fetal death and/or congenital anomalies
- Unexpectedly severe (sometimes fatal) bone marrow suppression, aplastic anemia, and gastrointestinal toxicity when given with some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Hepatotoxicity, fibrosis, and cirrhosis
- Interstitial pneumonitis at any time during therapy and has been reported at low doses
- Pulmonary symptoms – dry cough may require interruption of treatment and investigation
- Diarrhea, ulcerative stomatitis, hemorrhagic enteritis, and death from intestinal perforation
- Severe, occasionally fatal, skin reactions
- Potentially fatal opportunistic infections
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Otrexup against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Otrexup to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Otrexup drug interactions
Otrexup can interact with other medications. These include:
- Proton pump inhibitors – esomeprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, pantoprazole
- Other drugs that can cause liver problems such as azathioprine, sulfasalazine
- Sulfa medications
- Certain vaccinations
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Otrexup. Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Otrexup if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient methotrexate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Otrexup
- Suffer from alcoholism
- Have liver disease
- Have low blood cell counts
- Have a weak immune system
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – pregnant women should be advised of the increased risk of death of the baby and birth defects
Talk to your doctor before using Otrexup if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Otrexup
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Otrexup is the trademark brand name for methotrexate manufactured for Antares Pharma, Inc. A generic version of methotrexate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Otrexup savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.