Ozurdex Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Ozurdex medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Ozurdex cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Ozurdex patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Ozurdex patient assistance?
We review each Ozurdex enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Ozurdex patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Ozurdex patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Ozurdex. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Ozurdex coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Ozurdex coupon, Ozurdex discount card, or Ozurdex copay card provider. We do not offer Ozurdex manufacturer coupons, Ozurdex discounts, rebates, Ozurdex savings cards, trial offers, or free Ozurdex samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Ozurdex patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Ozurdex if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Ozurdex if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Ozurdex
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Ozurdex prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Ozurdex medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Ozurdex with insurance?
The cost of Ozurdex with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Ozurdex cost without Insurance?
Ozurdex prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Ozurdex will cost around $1,400 for one implant.
What is Ozurdex?
Ozurdex contains the prescription medicine dexamethasone, which is classed as a steroid. Ozurdex comes as a tiny implant, which is injected into your eye. The implant will slowly release dexamethasone into your eye over a period of time. Ozurdex is used to treat or prevent inflammation caused by disease, injury, eye surgery, or blocked blood vessels. It works by targeting certain cells involved in the inflammation process to free your eyes from the inflammation.
Ozurdex will be injected into your eye by a healthcare professional. You will be given medicine to numb your eye before the injection. Ozurdex will dissolve into your eye when injected and you will be closely watched for signs of any inflammation, swelling, or increase in pressure in your eye.
Ozurdex active ingredients
Before the procedure:
- Talk to your doctor about any concerns you may have
- Have somebody take you to and from your appointment
- Take a list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications you take
During the procedure:
- The Ozurdex injection will take only a few moments
- You will be awake
- Your doctor will clean and numb the surface of the eye
- Your doctor will inject Ozurdex using an applicator about the size of a pen
- You may feel pressure during the injection
- You may then hear a click when Ozurdex enters your eye
After the procedure:
- Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions following the procedure
Ozurdex side effects
The most common side effects caused by Ozurdex include:
- Sensitivity to light
- Feeling like something is in your eye
- Seeing small black dots (floaters) in your vision
- Dry eyes
- Swelling of the eyelid
In rare instances, Ozurdex can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Signs of eye infection
- Change of pupil shape
- Eyebrow pain
- Eye pain
- Eye redness
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Ozurdex against your risk of side effects.
Ozurdex drug interactions
Ozurdex can interact with other medications. These include:
- Smallpox vaccine
- Antiviral treatments – boceprevir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telaprevir, nelfinavir, indinavir, darunavir, amprenavir, atazanavir
- Anti-inflammatory eye drops – bromfenac ophthalmic, diclofenac ophthalmic, flurbiprofen ophthalmic, ketorolac ophthalmic
- Treatments for cancer – idelalisib, fedratinib
- Antifungal medication – itraconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole
- Antibiotics for bacterial infection – clarithromycin, erythromycin, troleandomycin, telithromycin
- Sickle cell treatment – voxelotor
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Ozurdex.
Ozurdex warning and precautions
You should not use Ozurdex if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dexamethasone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Ozurdex
- Have an eye infection
- Have advanced glaucoma
- Have a history of eye ulcer
- Have a history of eye surgery
- Have ever had a trauma of the eye
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Ozurdex if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Ozurdex
- Have ever had glaucoma
- Have ever had cataracts
- Have ever had a detached retina
- Have ever had herpes infection of the eyes
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.