Pneumovax 23 Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Pneumovax 23 medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Pneumovax 23 cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Pneumovax 23 patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Pneumovax 23 through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Pneumovax 23 patient assistance program?
You could receive your Pneumovax 23 without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Pneumovax 23 patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Pneumovax 23.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Pneumovax 23 patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Pneumovax 23 medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Pneumovax 23 coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Pneumovax 23 patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Pneumovax 23 coupon, a Pneumovax 23 discount card, or a Pneumovax 23 copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Pneumovax 23 samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Pneumovax 23 if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Pneumovax 23 medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Pneumovax 23 with insurance?
The cost of Pneumovax 23 will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Pneumovax 23 cost without insurance?
Pneumovax 23 costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, 0.5 ml of Pneumovax 23, 25mcg/0.5ml will typically cost around $330. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Pneumovax 23?
Pneumovax 23 contains pneumococcal polysaccharides vaccine (PPSV). It is used to prevent infections caused by pneumococcal bacteria. Pneumococcal bacteria can infect the sinuses, inner ear, lungs, blood, and brain causing serious and even fatal pneumococcal disease.
Pneumovax 23 is approved for use in persons 50 years of age or older and persons aged ≥ 2 years who are at increased risk of pneumococcal disease. People at increased risk are adults over the age of 65, those with sickle cell disease, no spleen, HIV, cancer, or another condition that has weakened the immune system. If you are at higher risk or in a certain age group, you may need more than one shot during your life.
Pneumovax 23 is given as a shot under the skin or into a muscle of your arm or thigh. It should be given at least 2 weeks before having your spleen removed (splenectomy), or starting any other treatment that could make your immune system weaker. It is important to note that Pneumovax 23 does not give immunity to every person to the same extent from the disease.
Pneumovax 23 active ingredients
Pneumovax 23 contains 23 of the most common types of pneumococcal bacteria. It works by exposing your immune system to a small dose of non-toxic bacteria or a protein. This stimulates your body to develop immunity to the disease. Pneumovax 23 will not treat an infection that is already active in the body, and will only treat against bacteria in the vaccine.
Pneumovax 23 at a cellular level causes specific antibodies to cause stronger interactions of bacteria and microbes with receptors (specific sites on the surface) of phagocytes (cells that protect the body). This allows the bacteria to be more easily killed by leukocytes and other phagocytic cells.
Pneumovax 23 side effects
The most common side effects caused by Pneumovax 23 include:
- Soreness, swelling, red, warm, or lump where the shot was given
- Stiffness in the arm or leg where the shot was given
- Mild fever, tiredness, chills
- Mild skin rash, swelling, pain, tenderness, or redness anywhere on your body
- Nausea, vomiting
- Muscle or joint pain
In rare instances, Pneumovax 23 can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- A serious allergic reaction – hives, problems breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
- High fever – 103 degrees or higher
- Easily bruised or bleeding
- Swollen glands, skin rash, itching, joint pain
- Pale or yellow skin, dark colored urine, confusion, or weakness
- Tingling feeling or numb in your feet, spreading upward
- Severe lower back pain
- Changes in behavior
- Problems with vision, speech, swallowing, or bladder and bowel functions
- Slow heart rate
- Problems breathing, feeling light-headed or faint
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Pneumovax 23 against your risk of side effects.
Pneumovax 23 drug interactions
Pneumovax 23 can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other vaccines – influenza, covid, zoster
- Steroids – betamethasone, cortisone, fludrocortisone, prednisolone
- Immunosuppressants – azathioprine, etanercept, leflunomide
- Other immunosuppressants such as basiliximab, cyclosporine
- Treatment to prevent organ transplant rejection – sirolimus, tacrolimus
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Pneumovax 23.
Pneumovax 23 warning and precautions
You should not use Pneumovax 23 if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient pneumococcal polysaccharides
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Pneumovax 23
Talk to your doctor before using Pneumovax 23 if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Pneumovax 23
- Have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder such as hemophilia or are easily bruised
- Have cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, or multiple myeloma
- Have HIV or AIDS
- Have sickle cell disease
- Have nephrotic syndrome (a kidney condition)
- Have had an organ or bone marrow transplant
- Are receiving chemotherapy
- Have been using steroid medication for a long period of time
- Are scheduled to have your spleen removed (splenectomy)
- Have received a pneumococcal vaccine within the past 3 to 5 years
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.