Your monthly Prezcobix cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Prezcobix prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Prezcobix patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Prezcobix patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Prezcobix enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Prezcobix patient assistance program?
Applying for the Prezcobix patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Prezcobix, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Prezcobix assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Prezcobix patient assistance program, we will also request your Prezcobix medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Prezcobix coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Prezcobix coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Prezcobix manufacturer coupons, Prezcobix discounts, rebates, Prezcobix savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Prezcobix medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Prezcobix if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Prezcobix patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Prezcobix
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Prezcobix prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Prezcobix with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Prezcobix with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Prezcobix cost without insurance?
Prezcobix prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Prezcobix tablets (150 mg-800 mg) will typically cost around $2,200 for 30 tablets.
What is Prezcobix?
Prezcobix contains a combination of the prescription medicines darunavir and cobicistat. Darunavir is classed as an antiviral medicine that helps to stop human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from replicating in your body. Cobicistat blocks the action of certain enzymes in your liver that break down the antiviral medicines. This allows the antiviral medicines to be more effective and used more safely at lower doses.
Prezcobix is given with other antiviral medicines to adults and children weighing at least 88 pounds (40 kilograms) for the treatment of HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is important to know that Prezcobix is not a cure for HIV or AIDS.
Prezcobix active ingredients
Darunavir blocks the effects of HIV-1 protease, an enzyme in the body involved in the breakdown of certain proteins which are needed for the production of the virus. By stopping the breakdown of these specific proteins in infected cells it stops the formation of the mature virus.
Cobicistat blocks the action of a chemical in the body called cytochrome P450. Cytochrome P450 is an enzyme involved in the breakdown of many medicines, including darunavir. Blocking this action of the enzyme allows the medicine, in this case darunavir, to carry out its activities more effectively.
Prezcobix side effects
The most common side effects caused by Prezcobix include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhea
- Change in body fat distribution
In rare instances, Prezcobix can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) – dry mouth, thirsty, increased urination, headache, blurred vision
- Loss of appetite, darker urine, yellow color to skin or eyes
- Fever, swollen glands, cold sores, cough, weight loss
- Stomach pain, tiredness, itching, skin redness
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
- Problems with balance
- Swelling in your neck or throat
- Changes in menstruation
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Prezcobix against your risk of side effects.
Prezcobix drug interactions
Prezcobix can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for an irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Treatment for high cholesterol – atorvastatin, rosuvastatin, simvastatin
- Anti-convulsants to treat seizures – carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Immunosuppressants – cyclosporine, voclosporin
- Antiviral treatments – daclatasvir, simeprevir
- Blood thinners – disopyramide
- Anti-biotics for bacterial infections – erythromycin, rifampin
- Opioid pain killers – fentanyl, hydrocodone, oxycodone
- Treatments for cancer – ibrutinib, lorlatinib, nilotinib
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Prezcobix.
Prezcobix warning and precautions
You should not use Prezcobix if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cobicistat or darunavir
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Prezcobix
- Are younger than 18 years old
Talk to your doctor before using Prezcobix if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Prezcobix
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.