How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Scemblix cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Scemblix patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Scemblix prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Scemblix patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Scemblix patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Scemblix patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Scemblix patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Scemblix. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Scemblix assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Scemblix patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Scemblix medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Scemblix coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Scemblix patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Scemblix manufacturer coupons, Scemblix discounts, or free Scemblix samples. We are not a Scemblix coupon provider or Scemblix discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Scemblix cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Scemblix patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Scemblix medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Scemblix cost without insurance?
Scemblix cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Scemblix oral tablets 20 mg usually cost $18,850 for 60 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Scemblix cost with insurance?
The copay for Scemblix with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Scemblix?
Scemblix is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Novartis. It is an inhibitor of the ABL/BCR-ABL1 tyrosine kinase and is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with:
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML-CP) in chronic phase, previously treated with two or more tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs). This use is approved under accelerated approval based on major molecular response (MMR).
- Ph+ CML in chronic phase with the T315I mutation
What doses of Scemblix are available?
Scemblix is available in a film-coated tablet form, in the following doses: 20 mg, and 40 mg.
Please read the prescribing information and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Scemblix active ingredients
Scemblix contains asciminib as the active ingredient.
Scemblix side effects
The most common side effects of Scemblix in clinical trials include:
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Tiredness, nausea, rash, and diarrhea
- Laboratory abnormalities – decreased platelet count, increased triglycerides, decreased neutrophil count, decreased hemoglobin (anemia), increased creatine kinase, increased alanine aminotransferase, increased lipase and amylase
In rare instances, Scemblix can cause more serious adverse events. These can include:
- Myelosuppression – monitor complete blood cell counts regularly during treatment
- Pancreatic toxicity
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) – symptoms include confusion, headaches, dizziness, chest pain, or shortness of breath
- Cardiovascular toxicity
- Embryo-fetal toxicity
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Scemblix against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Scemblix to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Scemblix drug interactions
Scemblix can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors
- Itraconazole oral solution containing hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin
- Certain CYP3A4 substrates
- CYP2C9 substrates
- Certain P-gp substrates
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Scemblix.
You should not use Scemblix if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient asciminib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Scemblix
Talk to your doctor before using Scemblix if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Scemblix
- Have a history of inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Have a history of heart problems or blood clots
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Females who are able to become pregnant should use effective birth control during treatment and for 1 week after your last dose
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Do not breastfeed during treatment and for 1 week after your last dose
Scemblix is the trademark brand name for asciminib manufactured by Novartis. A generic version of asciminib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Scemblix savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.