Sprycel Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Sprycel medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Sprycel cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Sprycel patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Sprycel prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Sprycel patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Sprycel patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Sprycel patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Sprycel patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Sprycel. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Sprycel assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Sprycel patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Sprycel medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Sprycel coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Sprycel patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Sprycel manufacturer coupons, Sprycel discounts, or free Sprycel samples. We are not a Sprycel coupon provider or Sprycel discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Sprycel if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Sprycel patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Sprycel medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Sprycel with insurance?
The cost of Sprycel with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Sprycel cost without insurance?
Sprycel prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and how much you buy. As a guide, Sprycel 20 mg tablets usually cost $8,800 for 60 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Sprycel?
Sprycel contains the prescription medicine dasatinib that is used to prevent the progression of cancer in the body.
Sprycel is used for the treatment of adults with
- Newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in chronic phase
- Chronic, accelerated, or myeloid or lymphoid blast phase Ph+ CML which is resistant or intolerant to treatment such as imatinib
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) which is resistant or intolerant to previous treatment
Sprycel is also used for the treatment of children who have Chronic, accelerated, or myeloid or lymphoid blast phase Ph+ CML, and are in the chronic phase.
Sprycel active ingredients
Dasatinib, at very low concentrations, blocks the action of multiple types of enzymes known as kinases. In tests, it was seen that dasatinib was active against cancerous cell lines (mutated cells that have kept dividing) that were sensitive and resistant to other treatments such as imatinib mesylate.
Dasatinib stopped the growth of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cell lines that were overproducing BCR-ABL (BCR-ABL is a mutation formed by the combination of two genes).
Dasatinib in tests was able to overcome imatinib resistance resulting from BCR-ABL enzyme mutations, activation of different pathways involving the SRC family of kinases, and resistance to other treatments created by gene overproduction.
Sprycel side effects
The most common side effects caused by Sprycel include:
- Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain
- Tiredness, headaches
- Muscle pains
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin rash
In rare instances, Sprycel can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Feeling lightheaded or faint
- Tiredness, chest pain, shortness of breath
- Severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Severe headaches
- Rapid weight gain, swelling
- Irregular heartbeat
- Easily bruised, unusual bleeding, red or purple dotted skin rash
- Fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, mouth and skin sores, pale skin, cold hands and feet
- Muscle cramps, seizures
- Swelling in your legs and feet
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Sprycel against your risk of side effects.
Sprycel drug interactions
Sprycel can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for heart arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Antiviral treatment – amprenavir, atazanavir, indinavir, ritonavir
- Blood thinners – apixaban
- Vaccines – BCG, typhoid, yellow fever, varicella, zoster, smallpox, polio, measles, mumps
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – bromfenac, diclofenac, ibuprofen
- Anticonvulsants for seizures- carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital
- Antibiotics for bacterial infections – clarithromycin, erythromycin, rifampin
- Treatment for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine, haloperidol
- Antidepressants – escitalopram
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Treatment for cancer – nilotinib, tofacitinib
- Proton pump inhibitors used for excess stomach acid – omeprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Sprycel.
Sprycel warning and precautions
You should not use Sprycel if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dasatinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Sprycel
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Sprycel if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Sprycel
- Have liver disease
- Have heart disease
- Have lung disease
- Have low potassium or magnesium blood level
- Or a family member has long QT syndrome
- Have a weak immune system, caused by taking medication or an illness
- Have any stomach or intestinal bleeding
- Have lactose intolerance
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.