Tasigna Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tasigna medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Tasigna cost savings if eligible
The Tasigna patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Tasigna, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Tasigna patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Tasigna assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Tasigna patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Tasigna patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Tasigna.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Tasigna assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Tasigna patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Tasigna.
Is NiceRx a Tasigna coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Tasigna patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Tasigna samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Tasigna coupons, discount cards, or Tasigna copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Tasigna if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Tasigna medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Tasigna with insurance?
The cost of Tasigna will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Tasigna with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Tasigna cost without insurance?
Tasigna prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Tasigna capsules 150 mg typically costs $4,100 for 28 capsules.
What is Tasigna?
Tasigna contains the prescription medicine nilotinib. Nilotinib is used as a treatment for cancer, to prevent it from spreading in the body.
Tasigna is used for the treatment of:
- Adults and children who are at least 1 year of age, with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in chronic phase.
- Adult with chronic phase and accelerated phase Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia (Ph+ CML) who have not responded to or are unable to tolerate other therapy, such as imatinib.
- Children greater than or equal to 1 year of age with chronic phase Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) who have not responded to or are unable to tolerate other therapy such as tyrosine-kinase inhibitor (TKI) treatment.
Tasigna should be taken every 12 hours on an empty stomach. You should not eat food for at least 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking Tasigna. The capsule must be swallowed whole with a glass of water. You will need regular blood tests whilst taking this medicine as Tasigna can lower your ability to fight infections. You will also need checks on your heart as nilotinib can cause serious heart problems.
Tasigna active ingredients
BCR-ABL is a gene produced when DNA is swapped between chromosomes. BCR-ABL then produces a protein called tyrosine kinase which causes cancer cells to divide and grow out of control.
The active ingredient nilotinib works by attaching itself to the ABL section of the protein, thus stopping the formation of BCR-ABL and ultimately preventing the cancer cells from growing out of control.
In tests, it was seen that nilotinib blocked the effect BCR-ABL had on the growth of cancer cells from patients who have Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML). Nilotinib was also seen to be effective against BCR-ABL mutations that are resistant to other medications such as imatinib.
Tasigna side effects
The most common side effects caused by Tasigna include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Temporary hair loss
- Pains in joints, muscles, bones, spine
- Tiredness, headaches
- Night sweats
- Cough, sore throat
- Sneezing, stuffy or runny nose
In rare instances, Tasigna can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Blood in stool or urine
- Rapid weight gain, swelling, difficulty breathing
- Confusion, problems with vision, headaches, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, darker urine, yellow color to eyes or skin
- Fever, pale skin, mouth sores
- Problems speaking, difficulty walking, leg pain
- Muscle cramps, irregular heartbeat, tingling feeling in hands, feet and around the mouth
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Tasigna against your risk of side effects.
Tasigna drug interactions
Tasigna can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for an irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Antibiotics for bacterial infections – azithromycin, gatifloxacin, ciprofloxacin
- Anti-viral treatment – boceprevir, indinavir, nelfinavir
- Vaccines – BCG, measles, mumps, polio, rubella, varicella, yellow fever
- Anti-convulsants for seizures – carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Treatment for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine, haloperidol
- Corticosteroids – dexamethasone
- Anti-depressants – escitalopram, fluoxetine
- Opioid painkillers – fentanyl
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Tasigna.
Tasigna warning and precautions
You should not use Tasigna if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient nilotinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tasigna
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Tasigna if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tasigna
- Have heart disease or a family history of long QT syndrome
- Have had a stroke
- Have blood circulation problems in your legs
- Have any bleeding problems
- Have low blood levels of potassium or magnesium
- Have severe problems with lactose
- Have liver disease
- Have pancreatitis
- Have had surgical removal of your stomach
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.