Soriatane Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Soriatane medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Soriatane cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Soriatane prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Soriatane patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Soriatane patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Soriatane enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Soriatane patient assistance program?
Applying for the Soriatane patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Soriatane, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Soriatane assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Soriatane patient assistance program, we will also request your Soriatane medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Soriatane coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Soriatane coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Soriatane manufacturer coupons, Soriatane discounts, rebates, Soriatane savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Soriatane medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Soriatane if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Soriatane patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Soriatane
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Soriatane prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Soriatane with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Soriatane with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Soriatane cost without insurance?
Soriatane prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Soriatane oral capsules 10 mg will typically cost around $1,400 for 30 capsules.
What is Soriatane?
Soriatane contains the prescription medicine acitretin, which is classed as a retinoid, a form of vitamin A. Soriatane is used for the treatment of severe psoriasis in adults. Soriatane is normally given after other psoriasis medicines have not been successful at treating the condition. Soriatane is not a cure for psoriasis, which may come back after you stop using this medicine. Similar results are seen when Soriatane use is restarted.
Soriatane can have serious side effects, and for this reason should be prescribed only by those who know the systemic use of retinoids well. Soriatane should only be used for non-pregnant women who do not respond to other treatments or whose clinical condition means other treatments are not recommended.
Soriatane active ingredients
The exact mechanism by which Soriatane works is not known. Soriatane should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. You should take the capsules with food. Your symptoms of psoriasis may worsen when you first start taking Soriatane. It can take up to 3 months for you to see improvements, and you will need regular medical checks while you are taking Soriatane.
Soriatane can cause serious birth defects. Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or if you might become pregnant within 3 years after you stop taking Soriatane. You must use effective birth control to avoid getting pregnant while taking Soriatane and for at least 3 years after your last dose. Women who are able to get pregnant must not drink alcohol while taking Soriatane and for at least 2 months after the last dose. Alcohol can cause this medicine to convert to another substance in your body that can take 3 years or longer to clear from your body. Men or women should not donate blood while taking Soriatane and for at least 3 years after the last dose. If donated blood containing this medicine is given to a pregnant woman, it can cause birth defects.
Soriatane side effects
The most common side effects caused by Soriatane include:
- Dry mouth, chapped lips
- Itchy, scaly, or fragile skin
- Skin peeling on your hands and feet
- Hair loss
- Brittle nails
- Dry eyes, uncomfortable wearing contact lenses
- Dry, runny, or nosebleeds
- Joint pain, muscle stiffness
In rare instances, Soriatane can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Changes in mood and behavior
- Chest pain, dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, sudden numbness or weakness, especially down one side of the body, sudden severe headaches, problems with speech or balance, swelling or warmth in one or both legs
- Increased thirst and urination, fruity breath odor, headache, blurred vision
- Severe headaches, ringing in your ears, dizziness, nausea, vision problems, pain behind your eyes
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dark urine, or yellow color to skin or eyes
- Numbness in your hands or feet, difficulty moving, pain in your back, joints, muscles, or bones
- Sudden swelling, rapid weight gain, fever, muscle pain, feeling light-headed
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Soriatane against your risk of side effects.
Soriatane drug interactions
Soriatane can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for skin cancer – bexarotene
- Tetracycline antibiotics – demeclocycline, doxycycline, minocycline, oxytetracycline, tetracycline
- Treatments for diabetes – glimepiride, glipizide
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Soriatane.
Soriatane warning and precautions
You should not use Soriatane if you:
- Are allergic to acitretin, isotretinoin, or tretinoin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Soriatane
- Have severe liver disease or severe kidney disease
- Have high levels of triglycerides in your blood
- Are also using methotrexate
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Soriatane if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Soriatane
- Have had phototherapy
- Have kidney or liver disease
- Have heart disease
- Have high cholesterol or triglycerides
- Have diabetes
- Drink large amounts of alcohol
- Have depression
- Have ever used a medicine called etretinate (Tegison, Tigason)
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.