Tradjenta Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tradjenta medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Tradjenta cost savings if eligible
With our help, you could get your Tradjenta prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.
Am I eligible for the Tradjenta patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Tradjenta assistance, you could receive your medicine without paying the full retail price. We review each Tradjenta assistance program application individually. It is important to know the main factors that are considered by most programs which may include:
How do I apply for the Tradjenta patient assistance program?
We do everything we can to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Tradjenta patient assistance program. Begin by completing your online enrollment application. You will need to provide accurate and up to date information about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. You will also need to tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Tradjenta.
Once NiceRx determines whether you may be eligible for Tradjenta assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. Once enrolled in the Tradjenta patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Tradjenta medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Tradjenta coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Tradjenta coupon, a Tradjenta discount card, or a Tradjenta copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Tradjenta manufacturer coupons, Tradjenta discounts, rebates, Tradjenta savings cards, trial offers, or free Tradjenta samples. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Tradjenta patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Tradjenta if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Tradjenta
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Tradjenta prescription
- Your healthcare plan doesn’t cover Tradjenta medication
- You don’t have insurance
Complete your online enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Tradjenta with insurance?
The cost of Tradjenta with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or healthcare provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Tradjenta cost without insurance?
Tradjenta prices without insurance will vary depending on the pack size you buy (30, 60, or 90 tablets). Prices can also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 30, 5 mg Tradjenta tablets will cost around $555.
What is Tradjenta?
Tradjenta is a prescription medicine given to adults with type 2 diabetes. Used alongside exercise and diet changes, it can help you lower your blood glucose levels. The medication causes you to absorb more glucose from your blood, helping you maintain lower blood glucose levels throughout the day. You take Tradjenta as a tablet you swallow once a day.
Tradjenta active ingredients
The active ingredient in Tradjenta is called linagliptin. Unlike many other treatments for type 2 diabetes, linagliptin is not a type of insulin, it’s a drug called an oral hypoglycemic.
Linagliptin works by blocking an enzyme in your body called DPP-4. This enzyme breaks down hormones, called incretins, that take glucose out of your blood. By stopping DPP-4 from working, linagliptin causes more glucose to be absorbed from your blood. It can also cause more insulin to be released from your pancreas too, further helping to lower your blood glucose levels.
Tradjenta side effects & Tradjenta drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Tradjenta include:
- A stuffy or runny nose
- A sore throat
- A cough
Sometimes, Tradjenta can cause more serious side effects. These include:
- Heart failure
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause anaphylaxis
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis), which can be severe, and in some cases, fatal
- Very low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Joint pain that can become severe
- Skin reactions that cause blisters and breakdown and loss of the outer layer of your skin
Tradjenta can interact with other medications, including:
- Insulin or any other medications for type 2 diabetes
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Rifampicin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater, Rifamate), an antibiotic used to treat infections, like tuberculosis and legionellosis
Tradjenta warnings & precautions
Don’t take Tradjenta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient linagliptin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tradjenta (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
- Have type 1 diabetes (Tradjenta is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis – a condition where high blood sugar causes high levels of ketones to build up in your body
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Tradjenta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tradjenta
- Have or have ever had an inflamed pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.