Byetta Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Byetta medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
We help eligible individuals to access patient assistance programs so they can get their medications for less. If you are struggling to pay for Byetta, try NiceRx. We can work directly with your healthcare provider and handle the full application process for you, helping you access the medication you need at an affordable price. We know that many Americans worry about paying for health care, so we have made the process of applying for patient assistance as easy and stress-free as possible.
Your monthly Byetta cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Byetta patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Byetta prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Byetta patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Byetta patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Byetta patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Byetta patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Byetta. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Byetta assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Byetta patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Byetta medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Byetta coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Byetta patient
assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Byetta manufacturer coupons, Byetta discounts, or free Byetta samples. We are not a Byetta coupon provider or Byetta discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Byetta if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Byetta patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Byetta medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Byetta with insurance?
The cost of Byetta with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Byetta cost without insurance?
Byetta prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Byetta usually costs $900. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Byetta?
Byetta is an injectable prescription medication given to adults with type 2 diabetes. It can help to lower blood glucose levels when taken alongside exercise and dietary changes. You take Byetta by injecting it under your skin (subcutaneous injection) using a pre-filled, self-injecting pen, usually twice a day before your two main meals.
Byetta works by encouraging your pancreas to produce more insulin and reducing how much glucose your liver secretes into your blood. Byetta does this whilst you are digesting food, helping to stop your blood glucose from rising too high when you most need it. Byetta becomes less active when you stop digesting and your blood glucose falls, helping to stop your blood sugar from falling too low (hypoglycemia).
Byetta active ingredients
The active ingredient in Byetta is called exenatide. It is a type of drug called an incretin mimetic that mimics digestive hormones, called incretins, that your body releases when you digest food. Exenatide works by having the same effects on your body as incretin digestive hormones. When you are digesting food and glucose is released into your blood, exenatide encourages:
- Your pancreas to produce more insulin.
- Your pancreas to produce less of a hormone called glucagon that makes your liver release stored glucose into your blood.
- Food to move more slowly through your digestive system, causing glucose to be released from your food slower.
These three effects can cause your blood glucose levels to fall as you are digesting food. Exenatide stops being as active when you are not digesting food, however, which can help stop your blood glucose levels from falling too low.
There is also evidence that exenatide can reduce your appetite, helping you lose weight gradually as you use it, and that it can lower your cholesterol levels over time too. This can also help treat your type 2 diabetes.
Byetta side effects & Byetta drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Byetta include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Feeling weak
- Feeling jittery
In rare instances, Byetta can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis) that can be fatal
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause anaphylaxis
- Very low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), particularly if you take Byetta alongside other medications that can lower your blood glucose, like insulin or sulfonylurea medicines
- New or worsening kidney problems, including kidney failure
- Severe stomach problems
- Low blood platelet counts that can interfere with blood clotting (drug-induced thrombocytopenia)
Byetta can interact with other medications, which can change how Byetta and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- The diabetes medication Bydureon that also contains exenatide
- Any other diabetes medications, including insulin or sulfonylurea medicines
- Any antibiotics
- Any diuretics (also called water pills), usually taken to reduce your blood pressure
- Any other blood pressure medications
- Any medications taken to treat pain
- Any medications containing liraglutide or another glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 receptor agonist)
- Birth control pills that are taken orally (Byetta can stop them working as effectively)
- Any medications containing warfarin, used to reduce your risk of blood clots
- Any medications containing lovastatin, a statin medication taken to treat high blood cholesterol
Byetta warnings & precautions
Do not take Byetta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient exenatide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Byetta
- Have ever had a fall in your blood platelet count after using a medication that contains exenatide
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis – a condition where high blood sugar causes high levels of ketones to build up in your body
- Have or have ever had pancreatitis (inflammation of your pancreas)
- Have severe kidney problems
- Have type 1 diabetes (Bydureon is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Byetta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Byetta
- Have or have ever had any pancreas problems
- Have any problems with your stomach, such as problems digesting food or slowed emptying of your stomach (gastroparesis)
- Have ever had kidney problems and/or a kidney transplant
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Glucophage XR
- Invokamet XR
- Xigduo XR
- Bydureon BCise
- Xigduo XR
- Glucotrol XL
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.