Onglyza Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Onglyza medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Onglyza cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Onglyza prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Onglyza patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Onglyza patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Onglyza enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Onglyza patient assistance program?
Applying for the Onglyza patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We’ll ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Onglyza, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Onglyza assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We’ll work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Onglyza patient assistance program, we’ll also automatically request your Onglyza medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we’ll contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Onglyza coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Onglyza coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We don’t offer printable Onglyza manufacturer coupons, Onglyza discounts, rebates, Onglyza savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you’ll likely save more on your Onglyza medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Onglyza if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Onglyza patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Onglyza
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Onglyza prescription
- You don’t have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Onglyza with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Onglyza with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Onglyza cost without insurance?
Onglyza prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount you buy (30 or 90 tablets). Prices also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 30, 2.5 mg or 5 mg Onglyza tablets will cost around $550.
What is Onglyza?
Onglyza is a prescription medication given to adults with type 2 diabetes to help lower their blood sugar (glucose) when used with exercise and diet changes. The medication causes your pancreas to release more insulin when you’re digesting food and drink, and stops your liver from releasing stored glucose back into your blood. You take Onglyza as a tablet you swallow, usually once a day, as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
Onglyza active ingredients
The active ingredient in Onglyza is called saxagliptin. Rather than being a form of insulin, saxagliptin is a type of drug called a DPP-4 inhibitor.
When you digest food and drink, your stomach and gut produce digestive hormones called incretins. These hormones make your pancreas secrete insulin and stop your liver from releasing stored glucose into your blood. Over time, these incretin hormones are naturally broken down in your digestive system by DPP-4 enzymes to allow your digestion to return to normal.
However, when you take Onglyza, the saxagliptin it contains attaches to and blocks the DPP-4 enzymes, stopping them from working. This keeps your incretin hormones active for longer when you’re digesting, encouraging your pancreas to produce more insulin and your liver to release less glucose. This can help to lower your blood glucose after eating and drinking. Saxagliptin is less active when you’re not digesting, which can help avoid your blood glucose falling too low between meals.
Onglyza side effects & Onglyza drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Onglyza include:
- Fluid retention can cause swelling of the extremities like your hands and feet
- An increased risk of upper respiratory chest infections, like colds or the flu
- An increased risk of urinary tract infections
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) – this is more likely if you take Onglyza with other diabetes medications, like insulin or sulfonylureas
Sometimes Onglyza can cause more serious side effects. These are rarer but they can include:
- Heart failure
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication can cause swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat, making it difficult to breathe
- Inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis), which can be severe, and in some cases, fatal
- Joint pain that can become severe
- Skin reactions that cause blisters, as well as the breakdown and loss of the outer layer of your skin
Onglyza can interact with the following other medications:
- Insulin or any other medications for type 2 diabetes
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Any antiviral medications you take to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- Any antibiotics taken to treat bacterial infections, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin,
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat fungal infections, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
Onglyza warnings & precautions
Don’t take Onglyza if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient saxagliptin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Onglyza
- Have type 1 diabetes (Onglyza is for type 2 diabetes only)
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis – a condition where high blood sugar causes high levels of ketones to build up in your body
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Onglyza if you:
- Have or have ever had heart failure
- Have or have ever had any kidney problems
- Have or have ever had an inflamed pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Have or have ever had gallbladder stones (gallstones)
- Have or have ever had high blood triglyceride levels
- Have a history of alcoholism
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.