Valcyte Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Valcyte medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Valcyte cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Valcyte patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Valcyte prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Valcyte patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Valcyte patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Valcyte patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Valcyte patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Valcyte. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Valcyte assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Valcyte patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Valcyte medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Valcyte coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Valcyte patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Valcyte manufacturer coupons, Valcyte discounts, or free Valcyte samples. We are not a Valcyte coupon provider or Valcyte discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Valcyte if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Valcyte patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Valcyte medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Valcyte with insurance?
The cost of Valcyte with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Valcyte cost without insurance?
Valcyte prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and how much you buy. As a guide, Valcyte oral powder (50 mg/mL) usually costs $1,120 for 88 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Valcyte?
Valcyte contains the prescription medicine valganciclovir, an antiviral drug, used to stop certain viruses growing in your body.
Valcyte is used for the treatment of:
- Preventing infection in adults with cytomegalovirus (CMV) after an organ transplant (heart, kidney, or pancreas). Valcyte is also used to treat infection of the eye with CMV for adults with (AIDS) acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Preventing CMV infection after kidney transplant in children aged at least 4 months old. Valcyte can also be used in children at least 1-month-old to prevent CMV infection after a heart transplant.
Valcyte will not cure CMV but it can help to control the infection. Valcyte is not used for the treatment of CMV that a baby is born with.
You may need to have frequent blood tests while taking Valcyte. You will also need to have your eyes checked regularly for CMV. Your doctor will decide how often this will be, but normally it is every 4 to 6 weeks.
Valcyte active ingredients
Valganciclovir, once in your body, is converted into a more active antiviral drug known as ganciclovir. Ganciclovir then in your body undergoes a chemical reaction known as phosphorylation. This reaction depends mostly on viral protein enzymes and because of this occurs mainly in the virus-infected cells. The ganciclovir, now converted to ganciclovir triphosphate directly blocks viral DNA polymerase from producing more viral DNA.
Valcyte side effects
The most common side effects caused by Valcyte include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Fever, headaches
- Other signs of infection
- Loss of coordination
- Stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat
In rare instances, Valcyte can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Fever, chills, feeling tired, flu-like symptoms
- Short of breath
- Mouth and skin sores, pale skin, cold hands and feet, easy bruising, unusual bleeding
- Swelling or pain around your transplant
- Pain or burning sensation when you urinate
- Kidney problems (more likely in older adults) little or no urinating, difficulty to urinate, swelling in your feet or ankles
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Valcyte against your risk of side effects.
Valcyte drug interactions
Valcyte can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn’s disease – adalimumab, certolizumab, golimumab, infliximab
- Other antivirals – cidofovir, tenofovir, zidovudine
- Treatment for schizophrenia – clozapine, promazine
- Immuno-suppressants – azathioprine, leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Anticonvulsants – carbamazepine, felbamate
- Antibiotics – dapsone, sulfadiazine
- Treatments for HIV and AIDS – didanosine
- Treatments for cancer – ixazomib, nilotinib, ribociclib, vincristine
- Tacrolimus – to prevent rejection of an organ transplant
- Trospium, an antimuscarinic used for the treatment of an overactive bladder
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Valcyte.
Valcyte warning and precautions
You should not use Valcyte if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient valganciclovir or ganciclovir
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Valcyte
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Valcyte if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Valcyte
- Have or have had kidney disease or are on dialysis
- Have a blood cell disorder such as anemia or low blood platelets
- Have had radiation treatment
- Have taken or are taking steroids
- Are taking medication that weakens your immune system
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.