Viberzi Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Viberzi medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Have you been prescribed Viberzi? Do you need help paying for your prescription? At NiceRx you may be able to access your Viberzi for just $49 per month.*
We work directly with healthcare providers to help eligible individuals enroll in assistance programs. NiceRx handles the full application process for you, helping you get access to affordable medications as easily as possible.
Your monthly Viberzi cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the patient assistance program, you could get your Viberzi prescription for a flat fee of just $49 per month. Covering the full cost of your Viberzi medicine, regardless of the retail price, this could save you:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|75mg 30 tablets||$577.45||$49.00||$528.45|
|100mg 30 tablets||$577.45||$49.00||$528.45|
|100mg 60 tablets||$1,146.34||$49.00||$1,097.34|
Am I eligible for the Viberzi patient assistance program?
In order to be accepted into the patient assistance program, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria. We review each assistance program application individually.
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Viberzi patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Viberzi patient assistance program.
The first step is to fill in our enrollment application and tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Viberzi. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Viberzi assistance, we’ll handle the full application process on your behalf. Once we’ve enrolled you in the Viberzi patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Viberzi medication refills on your behalf for up to a full year.
Is NiceRx a Viberzi coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Viberzi coupon, a Viberzi discount card, or a Viberzi copay card. We don’t offer printable Viberzi manufacturer coupons, Viberzi discounts, rebates, Viberzi savings cards, trial offers, or free Viberzi samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Viberzi patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Viberzi if I have insurance?
We may be able to help if your insurance company won’t pay for your Viberzi medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help if you do not have insurance.
How much is Viberzi with insurance?
The cost you will have to pay to get your Viberzi medication will depend on your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate what you will need to pay under the terms of your current insurance.
How much does Viberzi cost without insurance?
Viberzi prices without insurance will vary depending on where you purchase your medication. As a guide, you can expect to pay around $1,700 for a pack of 60, 75 mg or 100 mg Viberzi oral tablets (usually one month’s worth, depending on your prescribed dose).
What is Viberzi?
Viberzi is a prescription medication used to treat irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea (IBS-D) in adults. Viberzi is taken orally as a tablet.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a condition that affects your digestive system, usually your stomach, intestines, colon, and rectum. It can cause stomach pain, cramps, bloating, and changes to your bowel movements. IBS can last for months to years. It can disrupt your life and it can lead to anxiety, depression, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
IBS is classified into 4 different types, depending on how it affects your bowel movements. If it causes you to have frequent diarrhea, your IBS is classed as irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea (IBS-D). IBS-D is relatively common, it affects around 7-21% of Americans. It can happen to individuals in any age group or of either gender but is most common in younger women. IBS-D has a variety of causes, including gut infections, food allergies, food passing too quickly through your digestive system, and having a more sensitive digestive system.
Viberzi helps treat IBS-D in two ways. It slows how quickly food passes through your intestines, allowing you to better digest your food and to absorb more water from it. This stops your stools from being loose and watery. Viberzi also makes the nerves of your intestines less sensitive, stopping your gut reacting so strongly to the food passing through it.
Viberzi active ingredients
The active ingredient in Viberzi is called eluxadoline. Eluxadoline works by binding with areas on the outside of the cells in your digestive system called receptors. This stimulates the receptors, making them activate processes in your cells. These processes can reduce contractions in your digestive system, helping food pass more slowly through it. They can also reduce the sensitivity of the nerves in your digestive system.
Viberzi side effects & Viberzi drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Viberzi include:
- Stomach aches
- Acid reflux (heartburn)
- Skin rashes
- Abnormal blood test results (caused by increased levels of certain liver enzymes)
In some instances, Viberzi can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Sphincter of Oddi Spasm – this can cause severe abdominal pain and pancreatitis
- Severe constipation
When taken together, some medications can interact with each other, impacting how they work and sometimes causing some side effects to be more likely. Medicines that may interact with Viberzi include:
- Loperamide, taken to treat diarrhea
- Other medicines that can cause constipation, like opioids
- Ciclosporin, taken to reduce inflammation
- Gemfibrozil, taken to treat lower lipid levels
- Atazanavir, lopinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, tipranavir – antiretrovirals used to treat HIV
- Rifampicin, an antibiotic used to treat infections
- Rosuvastatin, a statin taken to treat high cholesterol and to prevent cardiovascular disease
- Valsartan and Olmesartan, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Erythromycin, taken to treat infections
- Midazolam, a sedative
- Nifedipine, taken to treat high blood pressure
- Dihydroergotamine or ergotamine, taken to treat migraines
- Pimozide, taken to treat mental disorders
- Quinidine, taken to treat heart disease
- Sirolimus or tacrolimus, immunosuppressants used to limit immune response
Viberzi warnings & precautions
Don’t take Viberzi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient eluxadoline
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Viberzi (listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
- Have, or have had pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Have liver disease
- Don’t have a gallbladder (you were born without one or had it removed)
- Have, or have had, any blockage in your gallbladder, bile ducts, or pancreas (such as gallstones, a tumor, or duodenal diverticulum)
- Have, or may have, a blockage in your intestine/bowels
- Have, or have had, a disease or dysfunction of the sphincter of Oddi (a small muscle in your upper belly that controls the flow of bile and pancreatic fluids into your upper intestine)
- Have constipation or if constipation is the main symptom of your IBS (you have IBS-C)
- Have, or have had, problems with alcohol abuse/alcohol addiction
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Viberzi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications listed in the section above that can interact with Viberzi
- Regularly drink alcohol
- Are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are over 65 years of age
Viberzi may affect your ability to drive or use machinery. You shouldn’t do so while taking Viberzi until you’re confident you know how it affects you.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.