Zytiga Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Zytiga medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Zytiga cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Zytiga patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|250mg 120 tablets||$11,350.00||$49.00||$11,301.00|
|500mg 60 tablets||$11,375.00||$49.00||$11,326.00|
Am I eligible for Zytiga patient assistance?
We review each Zytiga enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Zytiga patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Zytiga patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Zytiga, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Zytiga coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Zytiga coupon, Zytiga discount card, or Zytiga copay card provider. We do not offer Zytiga manufacturer coupons, Zytiga discounts, rebates, Zytiga savings cards, trial offers, or free Zytiga samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Zytiga
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Zytiga prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Zytiga cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Zytiga costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Zytiga 250 mg oral tablets will cost around $11,400 for 120 tablets.
How much does Zytiga cost with insurance?
The copay for Zytiga will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Zytiga?
Zytiga is a FDA-approved medication containing the prescription medicine abiraterone acetate and is manufactured by Janssen Biotech, Inc. Zytiga reduces the production of male hormones known as androgens in the body. Androgens promote the growth of tumors in the prostate gland. Zytiga is taken in combination with corticosteroids such as prednisone or prednisolone, for the treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) who have already received chemotherapy containing docetaxel.
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has also approved abiraterone, in combination with androgen-deprivation therapy (ADT), to treat hormone-sensitive metastatic (cancer that has spread to other parts of the body) prostate cancer. Clinical trials have also shown that docetaxel, in combination with ADT, improves overall survival in men with castration-sensitive metastatic prostate cancer.
Zytiga is used in men where prostate cancer has not responded to treatment by the use of other medicines or surgery.
Zytiga active ingredients
Zytiga contains the active ingredient abiraterone acetate. It is a CYP3A4 substrate and as an inhibitor, it works by preventing the production of androgens by specific enzymes in your adrenal glands. It does this by blocking the effects of an enzyme called CYP17. CYP17 is released in testicular, adrenal, and prostatic tumor tissues and is needed for the natural production of androgens in the body.
Discuss all your medical conditions with your healthcare provider before you start taking Zytiga. Zytiga should be taken on an empty stomach. Do not eat anything for at least 2 hours before or 1 hour after you take your dose. Take your dose of Zytiga one time a day, as prescribed by your healthcare professional. You may develop changes in liver function. Your healthcare provider will do blood tests to check your liver before treatment and during treatment with Zytiga.
Zytiga side effects
The most common side effects and adverse reactions caused by taking Zytiga include:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Difficulty or pain when urinating
- Feeling weak
- Feeling very hot
- Muscle pain, joint pain or swelling, and bruising
- Urinary tract infection
- Swollen legs or feet (edema)
- Symptoms of a cold such as blocked nose, sneezing, sore throat, and cough
- Increased liver enzymes such as AST (aspartate aminotransferase)
In rare instances, Zytiga can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Liver problems or toxicity – stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, yellowy skin or eyes, darker urine
- Leg pain or muscle weakness
- Difficulty breathing, chest pain
- Blood in your urine
- Low blood potassium levels (hypokalemia)
- Increased heart rate or abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other heart problems such as hypertension (raised blood pressure)
- Low blood sugar – headaches or confusion, feeling light-headed or feeling faint
These are not all the side effects of Zytiga. Your doctor will assess the benefits for you against your risk of side effects.
Zytiga drug interactions
Zytiga can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other treatments for prostate cancer such as radium Ra 223 (Xofigo)
- Treatments for irregular heart rhythm such as amiodarone or dronedarone
- Anti-depressants such as citalopram and escitalopram
- Antibiotics such as moxifloxacin and gatifloxacin
- Thiazolidinediones used by people with diabetes – pioglitazone or repaglinide
- Treatments for other cancers such as nilotinib, ribociclib, or tucatinib
- Medication taken for auto-immune disorders such as leflunomide or teriflunomide
- CYP3A4 inducers – phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital
- Herbal supplements such as St. John’s wort
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Zytiga. Call your doctor for medical advice about interactions.
You should not use Zytiga if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient abiraterone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Zytiga
- If you have severe liver disease
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before using Zytiga if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Zytiga
- If you have low levels of potassium in your blood
- Have any type of infection
- Have high blood pressure, heart failure of any kind, heart disease, fluid retention, or have had a heart attack
- Have any problems with your adrenal or pituitary gland
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Zytiga can cause harm or miscarriage to an unborn baby. Pregnant women or women that could become pregnant should not handle Zytiga tablets. Latex gloves should be worn if this can not be avoided.
Abiraterone can also harm an unborn baby if taken by the father at the time of conception or during pregnancy. Birth control should be used if your partner is able to become pregnant and for up to 3 weeks after the last dose is taken. A condom should be used if your partner is pregnant.
Zytiga is the trademark brand name for abiraterone acetate manufactured by Janssen Biotech, Inc. A generic tablet version of abiraterone acetate is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Zytiga savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.