Zytiga Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Zytiga medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Zytiga cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Zytiga prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Zytiga patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Zytiga patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Zytiga enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Zytiga patient assistance program?
Applying for the Zytiga patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Zytiga, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Zytiga assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Zytiga patient assistance program, we will also automatically request your Zytiga medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Zytiga coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Zytiga coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Zytiga manufacturer coupons, Zytiga discounts, rebates, Zytiga savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Zytiga medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Zytiga if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Zytiga patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Zytiga
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Zytiga prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Zytiga with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Zytiga with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Zytiga cost without insurance?
Zytiga prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Zytiga 250 mg oral tablets will typically cost around $11,400 for 120 tablets.
What is Zytiga?
Zytiga contains the prescription medicine abiraterone. Zytiga reduces the production of male hormones known as androgens in the body. Androgens can help the growth of tumors in the prostate gland. Zytiga is taken with medications known as steroids, such as prednisolone or methylprednisolone to treat prostate cancer that has spread to other parts of your body.
Zytiga is used in men where prostate cancer has not responded to treatment by the use of other medicines or surgery.
Zytiga active ingredients
Zytiga contains the active ingredient abiraterone. Abiraterone works by preventing the production of androgens in the body. It does this by blocking the effects of an enzyme called CYP17. CYP17 is released in testicular, adrenal, and prostatic tumor tissues and is needed for the natural production of androgens in the body.
Zytiga side effects
The most common side effects caused by Zytiga include:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Difficulty or pain when urinating
- Feeling weak
- Feeling very hot
- Muscle pain, joint pain or swelling, and bruising
- Swollen legs or feet
- Symptoms of a cold such as blocked nose, sneezing, sore throat, and cough
In rare instances, Zytiga can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Liver problems – stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, yellowy skin or eyes, darker urine
- Leg pain or muscle weakness
- Difficulty breathing
- Blood in your urine
- Increased heart rate
- Headaches or confusion
- Light-headed, feeling faint
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Zytiga against your risk of side effects.
Zytiga drug interactions
Zytiga can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other treatments for prostate cancer such as radium Ra 223 (Xofigo)
- Treatments for irregular heart rhythm such as amiodarone or dronaderone
- Medication taken to help control seizures such as carbamazepine, phenytoin, or phenobarbital
- Anti-depressants such as citalopram and escitalopram
- Antibiotics such as moxifloxacin and gatifloxacin
- Treatments for other cancers such as nilotinib, ribociclib, or tucatinib
- Medication taken for auto-immune disorders such as leflunomide or teflunomide
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Zytiga.
Zytiga warning and precautions
You should not use Zytiga if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient abiraterone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Zytiga
- If you have severe liver disease
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before using Zytiga if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Zytiga
- If you have low levels of potassium in your blood
- Have any type of infection
- Have high blood pressure, heart failure of any kind, heart disease, fluid retention, or have had a heart attack
- Have any problems with your adrenal or pituitary gland
Zytiga can cause harm or miscarriage to an unborn baby. Women who are pregnant or could become pregnant should not handle Zytiga tablets. Latex gloves should be worn if this can not be avoided.
Abiraterone can also harm an unborn baby if taken by the father at the time of conception or during pregnancy. Birth control should be used if your partner is able to become pregnant and for up to 3 weeks after the last dose is taken. A condom should be used if your partner is pregnant.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.