Abilify Maintena Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Abilify Maintena medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Abilify Maintena cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Abilify Maintena patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Abilify Maintena patient assistance?
We review each Abilify Maintena enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Abilify Maintena patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Abilify Maintena patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Abilify Maintena. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Abilify Maintena coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Abilify Maintena coupon, Abilify Maintena discount card, or Abilify Maintena copay card provider. We do not offer Abilify Maintena manufacturer coupons, Abilify Maintena discounts, rebates, Abilify Maintena savings cards, trial offers, or free Abilify Maintena samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Abilify Maintena patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Abilify Maintena if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Abilify Maintena if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Abilify Maintena
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Abilify Maintena prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Abilify Maintena medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Abilify Maintena with insurance?
The cost of Abilify Maintena with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Abilify Maintena cost without insurance?
Abilify Maintena prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, 1 Abilify Maintena intramuscular powder for injection, extended-release 300 mg will cost around $1,900.
What is Abilify Maintena?
Abilify Maintena contains the prescription medicine aripiprazole, classed as an atypical antipsychotic. It is used to treat the symptoms of mental health illness, such as schizophrenia, bipolar mania, and major depressive disorder. Abilify Maintena may be used on its own or with other medications.
Abilify Maintena is not approved to be used in older adults with dementia-related psychosis. Also, it is not known if Abilify Maintena is safe to use in children under the age of 6 years old.
Abilify Maintena is given as a shot directly into a muscle once every 4 to 8 weeks, depending on what you are being treated for. Your doctor may want you to take this medication orally for a short period before your first shot, and for up to 3 weeks after your first injection. You should follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and not stop using any medications. Abilify Maintena can make you become dehydrated, so make sure you drink plenty of water.
Abilify Maintena active ingredients
Exactly how aripiprazole works for the treatment of schizophrenia is not fully understood. It is thought that aripiprazole works in two ways, in that it blocks certain processes in the body and actually helps improve other processes at the same time. Side effects of aripiprazole are thought to be caused by its effects at other sites in the body other than where it is required.
Abilify Maintena side effects
The most common side effects caused by Abilify Maintena include:
- Feeling drowsy and restless
- pain or reaction where the shot was given
- Weight gain
In rare instances, Abilify Maintena can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) – thirsty, increased urination, dry mouth, breath smells fruity
- Anemia (low red blood cells) – fever, feeling weak or ill, swollen gums, mouth and skin sores, difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unable to control muscle movements in your face – smacking lips, chewing, tongue movement, rapid eye movements
- Difficulty swallowing
- Tight muscles
- Feeling warm or hot, high fever, sweating, feeling light-headed
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Abilify Maintena against your risk of side effects.
Abilify Maintena drug interactions
Abilify Maintena can interact with other medications. These include:
- Opioid painkillers – alfentanil, buprenorphine, codeine, morphine, tramadol
- Other treatments for schizophrenia – clozapine
- Anesthetics – ketamine
- Antiemetics to prevent sickness – metoclopramide
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – ozanimod
- Sodium oxybate – used for the treatment of excessive daytime sleepiness and sudden muscle weakness
- Treatment for seizures – topiramate
- Zonisamide – used for the treatment of epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Abilify Maintena.
Abilify Maintena warning and precautions
You should not use Abilify Maintena if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient aripiprazole
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Abilify Maintena
- Are an older adult with dementia-related psychosis
Talk to your doctor before using Abilify Maintena if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Abilify Maintena
- Have never taken Abilify Maintena before
- Have a problem with your arm or buttocks where an injection will be given
- Have heart disease
- Have had a heart attack or stroke
- Have high or low blood pressure
- Have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) or diabetes in the family
- Suffer from seizures
- Have low white blood cells
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.