If you have been prescribed Armour Thyroid to treat low thyroid levels, we may be able to help you obtain your medication for less. We can work alongside your healthcare provider to help you enroll in the Armour Thyroid patient assistance program. With our help, you could get your Armour Thyroid prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.* The full enrollment process is handled by us on your behalf and if you are successfully enrolled in the assistance program, we will request your medication refills from the manufacturer before your supply runs out.
Your monthly Armour Thyroid cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Armour Thyroid patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Armour Thyroid patient assistance?
We review each Armour Thyroid enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Armour Thyroid patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Armour Thyroid patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Armour Thyroid. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who’ll supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you’ll typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Armour Thyroid coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Armour Thyroid coupon, Armour Thyroid discount card, or Armour Thyroid copay card provider. We don’t offer Armour Thyroid manufacturer coupons, Armour Thyroid discounts, rebates, Armour Thyroid savings cards, trial offers, or free Armour Thyroid samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Armour Thyroid patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Armour Thyroid if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Armour Thyroid if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Armour Thyroid
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Armour Thyroid prescription
- Your healthcare plan doesn’t cover Armour Thyroid medication
- You don’t have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Armour Thyroid with insurance?
The cost of Armour Thyroid with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Armour Thyroid cost without insurance?
Armour Thyroid prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength of the tablets you buy (15 mg, 30 mg, 60 mg, 90 mg, 120 mg, 180 mg, 240 mg, or 300 mg) and the amount (30 or 100). Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 100, 60 mg Armour Thyroid tablets will cost around $120.
What is Armour Thyroid?
Armour Thyroid is a prescription medication used to treat low thyroid levels (hypothyroidism), thyroid cancer, and to treat and prevent thyroid goiters.
If you have one of these conditions, your doctor may prescribe Armour Thyroid to you. It’s a hormone replacement therapy where your natural levels of thyroid hormone are topped up with thyroid hormones in the Armour Thyroid medication. This helps to boost your thyroid hormone levels, providing relief from your symptoms. Armour Thyroid comes as a tablet you swallow.
Armour Thyroid active ingredients
The active ingredient in Armour Thyroid is called desiccated natural thyroid, sometimes called thyroid extract. It’s a natural thyroid gland, taken from pigs, that has been processed and dried and turned into a powder, which is included in the Armour Thyroid tablets.
The desiccated thyroid adds the thyroid hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), to your body. These work in the same way as the hormones your thyroid gland produces naturally, and they help to replace the thyroid hormones you’re missing.
Armour Thyroid side effects & Armour Thyroid drug interactions
As with all medications, Armour Thyroid can cause side effects. When these occur, the most common will likely be:
- Problems sleeping (insomnia)
- Weight loss
Sometimes, people that take Armour Thyroid can experience more serious side effects. These can include:
- Heart disease and other heart problems, including cardiac arrest
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication caused by thyroid hormone toxicity
- Hair loss in children (this can happen when children first start taking Armour Thyroid, but this usually passes, with any lost hair growing back)
Armour Thyroid can interact with other medications, which can change how Armour Thyroid and the other medications work. It can also make some side effects more likely. These medications include:
- Insulin, or any other diabetes medications that can reduce your blood sugar levels
- Cholestyramine and colestipol, taken to reduce your cholesterol levels
- Any oral anticoagulants, taken to reduce your risk of blood clots
- Any medications that contain estrogen, such as the oral contraceptive pill
- Any medications or dietary supplements that contain iodine
Armour Thyroid warnings & precautions
Armour Thyroid isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take the medication if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient porcine desiccated thyroid
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Armour Thyroid
- Are allergic to any products derived from pigs or cows
- Have uncorrected adrenal gland problems
- Have hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland), Armour Thyroid is for hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid gland)
Talk to your doctor before taking Armour Thyroid if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Armour Thyroid
- Have heart disease
- Have any problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands
- Have any problems with your blood clotting
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.