Avonex Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Avonex medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Avonex cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Avonex patient assistance program the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication to cover our service fees. You could receive your Avonex prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Avonex patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Avonex patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Avonex patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Avonex patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Avonex. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Avonex assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Avonex patient assistance program and we will automatically request your Avonex medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Avonex coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Avonex patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Avonex manufacturer coupons, Avonex discounts, or free Avonex samples. We are not an Avonex coupon provider or Avonex discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Avonex if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Avonex patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Avonex medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Avonex with insurance?
The cost of Avonex with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much is Avonex without insurance?
Avonex prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Avonex intramuscular powder for injection 30mcg usually costs around $7240. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Avonex?
Avonex is a medicine prescribed to adults who have relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS). Avonex is not a cure for MS, but it will reduce how often symptoms occur. Avonex can be used with other medications.
Multiple sclerosis affects the brain and spinal cord, causing a wide range of symptoms. Such as problems with vision, arm or leg movement, sensation, or balance. It can last all your life. It can sometimes cause serious disability, but it can also be mild. How Avonex works for multiple sclerosis is not known.
Avonex is given by injection into a muscle. A healthcare provider will teach you how to use the medication properly yourself. Do not use the injection in the same place two times in a row. Avonex is usually given once weekly at bedtime, on the same day each week. The powder form of this medicine must be mixed with a liquid (diluent) before using it. Prepare the injection only when you are ready to use it.
Avonex active ingredients
The active ingredient in Avonex is called interferon beta-1a. It is a type of human protein that helps the body fight viral infections.
Interferons are a naturally occurring protein produced by your body in response to viral infections and other biological agents. Interferons work by attaching to certain receptors on the surface of human cells. This starts a chain reaction of events that lead to the production of many interferon-induced gene products. These products have been seen in the cells of blood collected from patients treated with Avonex.
Avonex side effects
The most common side effects caused by Avonex include:
- Stomach pain
- Injection site skin changes
- Abnormal liver function
- Low blood cell count
- Flu symptoms – fever, headache, chest pain, chills, back pain, tiredness, muscle aches
Speak to your doctor immediately if you get the following side effects:
- Pain, swelling, bruising, redness, oozing, or skin changes where the injection was given
- Light headed like you may pass out
- Changes in mood or behavior (feeling hopeless, anxious, nervous, irritable, or depressed)
- Feelings of hurting yourself (suicidal)
- Easily bruised or unusual bleeding
- Thyroid problems – mood swings, problems sleeping, tired, hungry, diarrhea, fast heartbeats, muscle weakness, sweats, dry skin, face puffiness, menstrual changes
- Liver problems – loss of appetite, feeling sick, confused, tired, dark urine, yellowing of skin or eyes (jaundice), clay colored stools
- Heart problems – short of breath, fast heartbeats, pain in chest spreading to shoulder and jaw, feeling sick, sweats
- Signs of infection – chills, fever, mucus cough, bloody diarrhea, pain when urinating
Get emergency help if you have signs of an allergic reaction – itching, hives, difficulty breathing, anxiety, swelling in your face or throat, fever, sore throat, burning eyes, red or purple skin rash with peeling skin.
Avonex can cause life-threatening blood clots in the small blood vessels inside your organs, such as your brain or kidneys. Get medical help right away if you have these symptoms – fever, tiredness, less urination, bruising, or nosebleeds.
Avonex drug interactions
Avonex can interact with other medications. When this occurs it can change how Avonex and the other medications work. It can also make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Bupropion – a medication used for depression
- Leflunomide – an immunosuppressant
- Natalizumab – used for multiple sclerosis and Crohn’s disease
Avonex warning and precautions
Avonex is not suitable for everyone. Do not use Avonex if you:
- Are allergic to natural or recombinant interferon beta or albumin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Avonex
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your Doctor before using Avonex if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Avonex
- Have liver disease
- Have thyroid disorder
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorders
- Have heart disease, chest pain (angina), congestive heart failure, heart rhythm disorder
- Have a history of depression or suicidal behavior
- Have bleeding problems, a blood clot, or low blood cell count
- Have a latex allergy
- Have rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or psoriasis
- If you drink alcohol
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.