Plegridy Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Plegridy medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Plegridy cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Plegridy patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Plegridy patient assistance?
We review each Plegridy enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Plegridy patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Plegridy patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Plegridy. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Plegridy coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Plegridy coupon, Plegridy discount card, or Plegridy copay card provider. We do not offer Plegridy manufacturer coupons, Plegridy discounts, rebates, Plegridy savings cards, trial offers, or free Plegridy samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Plegridy patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Plegridy if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Plegridy if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Plegridy
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Plegridy prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Plegridy medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Plegridy with insurance?
The cost of Plegridy with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Plegridy cost without Insurance?
Plegridy prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, the Plegridy subcutaneous kit will cost around $7,500 for 1 milliliter.
What is Plegridy?
Plegridy contains the prescription medicine peginterferon beta 1-a which is made from human proteins. Peginterferon is a type of interferon. Interferons tell your immune system that you have an infection or disease and to fight against it.
Plegridy is used for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS) including clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease in adults who are aged between 18 to 65. Plegridy will decrease how often your symptoms of MS will occur, but will not cure it.
Plegridy active ingredients
How Plegridy works for the treatment of multiple sclerosis is not fully understood. Plegridy is injected under the skin or into a muscle, normally once every 2 weeks. A healthcare professional will show you how to use the medication yourself. You should use a different place each time you have an injection and not inject it into the same place two times in a row. Follow the instructions given to you by your doctor. Plegridy can cause flu-like symptoms so you may take a pain reliever or fever reducer such as ibuprofen on the days you have your injection. You will need regular medical checkups while you are using this medication.
Plegridy side effects
The most common side effects caused by Plegridy include:
- A reaction where the injection was given
- Flu-like symptoms
In rare instances, Plegridy can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Feeling light-headed or faint
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Chest pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating, increased heart rate, short of breath
- Feeling tired, mouth sores, skin sores, easily bruised, unusual bleeding
- Loss of appetite, confusion, dark urine, clay-colored stools, or yellow color of your skin or eyes
- Difficulty sleeping, hunger, diarrhea, increased heart rate, muscle weakness, sweating, menstrual changes, weight changes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Plegridy against your risk of side effects.
Plegridy drug interactions
Plegridy can interact with other medications. These include:
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Treatments for irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Treatments for high blood cholesterol – atorvastatin, pravastatin, rosuvastatin
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – bromfenac, celecoxib, diclofenac, naproxen
- Treatments for high blood pressure – captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, ramipril
- Antibiotics for bacterial infections – clarithromycin, erythromycin, rifampin
- Treatments for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Plegridy.
Plegridy warning and precautions
You should not use Plegridy if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient peginterferon beta-1a
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Plegridy
- Are younger than 18 or older than 65 years old
Talk to your doctor before using Plegridy if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Plegridy
- Have depression or any other mental illness
- Have liver disease
- Have any bleeding problems
- Have an allergy to latex
- Have a low blood cell count
- Have heart disease
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Suffer from seizures
- Have an autoimmune disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.