Betaseron Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Betaseron medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Betaseron cost savings if eligible
The Betaseron patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Betaseron, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Betaseron patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Betaseron assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Betaseron patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Betaseron patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Betaseron.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Betaseron assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Betaseron patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Betaseron.
Is NiceRx a Betaseron coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Betaseron patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Betaseron samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Betaseron coupons, discount cards, or Betaseron copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Betaseron if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Betaseron medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Betaseron with insurance?
The cost of Betaseron will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Betaseron with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Betaseron cost without insurance?
Betaseron prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Betaseron powder for injection 0.3 mg typically costs $8,500 for 14 powders for injection.
What is Betaseron?
Betaseron contains the prescription medicine interferon beta-1b. Interferon beta-1b is made from human proteins and helps your body to fight against viral infections.
Betaseron is used to help reduce the number of relapses of multiple sclerosis (MS) in people who have a relapsing form of it. This includes people who have already had their first symptoms of multiple sclerosis and have had an MRI scan consistent with multiple sclerosis. Betaseron will not cure multiple sclerosis but will reduce how often the symptoms occur.
Betaseron is given as a subcutaneous injection under the skin. Your doctor will decide your exact dose, but it is normally given every other day. You should not use the same injection site for each injection. You will need regular medical tests while using this medicine.
Betaseron active ingredients
Interferons (IFNs) are proteins that occur naturally in the body. They are produced by eukaryotic cells when virus infections are detected in the body. The action of IFNs is thought to be by their attaching to specific points on the surface of human cells.
IFNs have a range of effects on the immune system, affecting the production of various chemicals as well as white blood cells. It is not known however what the exact mode of action is of Betaseron in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Betaseron side effects
The most common side effects caused by Betaseron include:
- Skin reaction where the injection was given
- Low white blood cell count
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Flu-like symptoms
- Stomach pain
- Insomnia (problems sleeping)
- Abnormal liver function tests
In rare instances, Betaseron can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Tightness in the chest, swelling, rapid weight gain, difficulty breathing
- Nausea, vomiting, easily bruised, unusual bleeding, darker urine, yellow color to skin or eyes
- New or worsening symptoms of joint pain
- Skin rash on your cheeks or arms that gets worse in sunlight
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Betaseron against your risk of side effects.
Betaseron drug interactions
Betaseron can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for heart arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Treatments for asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis – aminophylline, theophylline
- Treatment for high cholesterol – atorvastatin, rosuvastatin, simvastatin
- Treatments for cancer – axitinib, bosutinib, fedratinib, nilotinib
- Treatment for high blood pressure – captopril, enalapril, lisinopril
- Anti-convulsants for seizures – carbamazepine, phenytoin
- Immuno-suppressants – cyclosporine
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – diclofenac, indomethacin
- Anti-fungal treatment – itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Anti-biotics for bacterial infection – erythromycin, minocycline
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – ozanimod, fingolimod, siponimod
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Betaseron.
Betaseron warning and precautions
You should not use Betaseron if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient interferon beta, albumin, or mannitol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Betaseron
Talk to your doctor before using Betaseron if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Betaseron
- Have liver disease
- Have any heart problems
- Suffer from seizures
- Suffer from anxiety or depression
- Have a blood clotting disorder or anemia
- Have a low white blood cell count
- Have an allergy to latex
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.