Mayzent Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Mayzent medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Have you been prescribed Mayzent? Do you need help paying for your essential medication? Then try NiceRx. With our assistance, you could get your Mayzent prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.* At NiceRx, we work with your healthcare provider to help you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications. This includes the Mayzent patient assistance program. We handle the full enrollment process for you, helping you to get easy and affordable access to the medications you need.
Your monthly Mayzent cost savings if eligible
If eligible for the Mayzent patient assistance program, you could get your Mayzent prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. This single monthly fee covers the full cost of your Mayzent medicine.
Am I eligible for the Mayzent patient assistance program?
In order to be eligible for the Mayzent patient assistance program you must meet specific eligibility criteria. At NiceRx, we review each Mayzent enrollment application individually. It is likely the following factors will be considered:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Mayzent patient assistance program?
Our process is simple and straightforward. NiceRx makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Mayzent patient assistance program. The first step is to complete your enrollment application. This can be done quickly and simply online through our website. At this stage you will need to tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Mayzent. You will also need to provide accurate and up to date information about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication.
Once we determine that you may be eligible for Mayzent assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you, and will also request your Mayzent medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Mayzent coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Mayzent coupon, a Mayzent discount card, or a Mayzent copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Mayzent manufacturer coupons, Mayzent discounts, rebates, Mayzent savings cards, trial offers, or free Mayzent samples. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Mayzent patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Mayzent if I have insurance?
At NiceRx, we review each enrollment application individually, and may be able to help in a range of circumstances, including if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Mayzent
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Mayzent prescription
- You don’t have insurance
To find out if you may be eligible for the patient assistance program, apply online with NiceRx.
How much is Mayzent with insurance?
The cost of Mayzent with insurance will depend on your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or healthcare provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Mayzent cost without insurance?
Mayzent prices without insurance will vary depending on the dose you buy (0.25 mg or 2 mg) and will also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 30, 0.25 mg Mayzent tablets will cost around $1,900.
What is Mayzent?
Mayzent is a prescription medicine given to adults to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis, including:
- Clinically isolated syndrome (CIS)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS)
- Secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS)
Although MS is incurable, medications like Mayzent can help to slow the progression of your condition. Mayzent can help to reduce the damage caused by your white blood cells to the nerves in your brain and spine, reducing the number of relapses you have and slowing the progression of your MS.
Mayzent is a prescription medication you take as a tablet you swallow. You typically take one or more tablets a day, but make sure you always take your Mayzent exactly as described by the doctor who prescribes it to you.
Mayzent active ingredients
The active ingredient in Mayzent is called siponimod. Siponimod helps to protect your central nervous system from damage caused by your immune system. It works by attaching to the surface of some of your white blood cells, called lymphocytes, at sites called sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors. By attaching to these receptors, siponimod stops your lymphocytes from moving to your central nervous system, limiting the inflammation and damage they can cause.
Mayzent side effects & Mayzent drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Mayzent include:
- A rise in blood pressure (hypertension)
- High liver enzyme levels in blood tests
In rare instances, Mayzent can cause more serious side effects, including:
- A slowed heart rate (bradycardia or bradyarrhythmia) when you first start taking Mayzent – a slowed heart rate can cause heart complications, including heart failure
- An increased risk of infections, including serious infections (Mayzent reduces the number of white blood cells in your blood, which can lower your immune system function)
- Swelling and narrowing of the blood vessels in your brain (posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome), that can cause strokes
- A vision problem called macular edema that can cause changes to your vision
- A rise in blood pressure to dangerous levels (hypertension)
- Liver problems that can reduce liver function
- New or worsening breathing problems
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Severe worsening of multiple sclerosis symptoms after stopping Mayzent compared to your symptoms before or during treatment
Mayzent can interact with:
- Any other medications taken for multiple sclerosis
- Medications taken for an irregular heartbeat, such as amiodarone, procainamide, quinidine, or sotalol
- Medications that slow down your heartbeat, such digoxin or ivabradine, calcium channel blockers like diltiazem or verapamil, or beta blockers like bisoprolol or metoprolol
- Medications that alter how your immune system works, like immunosuppressants or chemotherapy drugs
- A type of vaccine called a live attenuated vaccine
- Medications taken to treat fungal infections, including fluconazole
- Carbamazepine, an anticonvulsant to reduce the risk of seizures
- Modafinil, a medication taken to treat certain sleep disorders
- Light therapy (phototherapy) with UV radiation or PUVA photochemotherapy
Mayzent warnings & precautions
Don’t take Mayzent if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient siponimod
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Mayzent
- Have a heart block or irregular/abnormal heartbeat (arrhythmia), unless you have a pacemaker
- Have had a heart attack, heart failure, unstable angina, a stroke or mini-stroke (transient ischemic attack or TIA) in the last six months
- Have a CYP2C9*3/*3 genotype – this will be tested for before you start taking Mayzent
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Mayzent if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Mayzent
- Have an abnormal or irregular heartbeat
- Have a slow heart rate
- Have ever had a stroke or other diseases related to blood vessels in your brain
- Have high blood pressure
- Have any liver problems
- Have diabetes
- Have any eye problems, particularly an inflammation of the eye called uveitis
- Have any breathing problems, including when you sleep
- Have an active infection or fever
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.