Tecfidera Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tecfidera medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Tecfidera cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Tecfidera patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Tecfidera through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Tecfidera patient assistance program?
You could receive your Tecfidera without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Tecfidera patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Tecfidera.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Tecfidera patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Tecfidera medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Tecfidera coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Tecfidera patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Tecfidera coupon, a Tecfidera discount card, or a Tecfidera copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Tecfidera samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Tecfidera if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Tecfidera medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Tecfidera with insurance?
The cost of Tecfidera will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Tecfidera cost without insurance?
Tecfidera costs without insurance will vary depending on the strength of capsules you buy (120 mg or 240 mg) and the retailer you buy the medication from. As a guide, Tecfidera will typically cost around $8,000 for one month’s supply. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Tecfidera?
Tecfidera is a prescription medicine used to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS) in adults. It is prescribed to ease the symptoms and slow the progression of:
- Clinically isolated syndrome (CIS)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS)
- Secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS)
If you have a form of relapsing MS, your doctor may have prescribed Tecfidera to you. It is a medication you take every day as a capsule you swallow. It helps to limit the damage caused by your condition by reducing how much inflammation your immune system can trigger.
Tecfidera active ingredients
The active ingredient in Tecfidera is called dimethyl fumarate. It helps to protect your nerves from damage by reducing how much inflammation your immune system can trigger.
It is not known exactly how dimethyl fumarate does this, but it is thought it works by altering the type of white blood cells your immune system produces, to a form that causes less inflammation.
Tecfidera side effects
The most common side effects caused by Tecfidera include:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- Stomach pain
- Flushing (a temporary reddening of the skin, usually on your face and chest)
- Skin rashes
Occasionally Tecfidera can cause more serious side effects, such as:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause welts, hives, and swelling of the face, mouth, and tongue that can make it difficult to breathe
- A fall in white blood cell counts that can make you more vulnerable to infections, including serious infections like herpes zoster infections
- A rare but serious brain infection called progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)
- Liver problems that can reduce liver function
Tecfidera drug interactions
Tecfidera can interact with other medicines, some should not be taken at the same time. Your doctor may decide to stop or change some of your medicines. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, including vitamins, herbal and dietary supplements, also:
- Adalimumab, certolizumab, golimumab, infliximab, natalizumab – used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, Crohn’s disease
- Vaccinations for – zoster virus, yellow fever, varicella, typhoid, smallpox, bcg, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rubella
- Baricitinib, pexidartinib, tofacitinib – used to treat moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis
- Pexidartinib – used to treat a certain type of tumor (tenosynovial giant cell tumor)
- Leflunomide – for the treatment of moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis
- Teriflunomide – used to treat relapsing multiple sclerosis
- Siponimod, ozanimod, fingolimod – for the treatment of multiple sclerosis
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Tecfidera
Tecfidera warning and precautions
Tecfidera is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Tecfidera if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient Dimethyl fumarate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tecfidera
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Tecfidera if you:
- Have, or have ever had, any liver problems
- Have an active infection
- Have ever had a low white blood cell count
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.