Dovato Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Dovato medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Dovato cost savings if eligible
The Dovato patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Dovato, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Dovato patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Dovato assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Dovato patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Dovato patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Dovato.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Dovato assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Dovato patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Dovato.
Is NiceRx a Dovato coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Dovato patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Dovato samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Dovato coupons, discount cards, or Dovato copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Dovato if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Dovato medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Dovato with insurance?
The cost of Dovato will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Dovato with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Dovato cost without insurance?
Dovato prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, a 30-day supply of Dovato tablets 50 mg – 300mg typically costs around $2,500.
What is Dovato?
Dovato is a prescription medicine used to treat HIV-1 infection in adults. Whilst HIV/AIDS is still a serious infection that you will have for life, today the condition can be managed with medications like Dovato. Dovato will not cure your infection, but it stops the HIV-1 virus from reproducing. It reduces how much of it you have in your body (your viral load) and limits the damage it can do to your immune system.
You take Dovato as a tablet you swallow, usually once a day. Your prescribing doctor will tell you exactly how much to take and when to do so. Always take your Dovato exactly as directed by your doctor.
Dovato active ingredients
Dovato contains two active ingredients: dolutegravir and lamivudine. They work together to reduce how much of the HIV-1 virus you have in your body (your viral load).
When the HIV-1 virus invades your T-cells, it inserts itself into the T-cells’ DNA. The virus then takes advantage of the cells’ natural DNA copying process to make copies of itself. As more copies of the virus are made the T-cell eventually dies. The viruses then spread to other T-cells, continuing the cycle. Dovato helps to stop this from happening.
The dolutegravir and lamivudine in Dovato each block a type of enzyme that the HIV-1 virus needs to copy their DNA inside your T-cells. Dolutegravir blocks the DNA integrase enzyme, while lamivudine blocks the DNA reverse transcriptase enzyme. This makes it harder for the virus to multiply, limiting the amount of virus you have in your body.
Dovato side effects
As with all medications, Dovato can cause side effects. The most common include:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
Dovato can also cause more serious side effects. These are rarer, but can include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause blistering and swelling, and problems breathing
- A worsening of an existing hepatitis B infection that can cause serious liver damage and make your hepatitis infection harder to treat
- New or worsening liver problems, particularly if you have had a hepatitis B or C infection in the past
- A dangerous buildup of lactic acid in your blood (lactic acidosis)
Dovato drug interactions
Dovato can interact with other medications. When this happens it can change how Dovato and the other medications work. It can also make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Any other medications you take to treat HIV/AIDS, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- Any other medications you take to treat high blood pressure (antihypertensive medications), like diuretics, or calcium channel blockers
- Any antiviral medications take to treat a hepatitis C infection, including boceprevir or telaprevir
- Any antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Dofetilide, an antiarrhythmic agent used to treat heart rhythm problems
- Dalfampridine, used to treat multiple sclerosis
- Metformin, used to treat type 2 diabetes
- St John’s-wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Dovato warning and precautions
Do not take Dovato if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients dolutegravir and lamivudine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Dovato
- Take a medication called dofetilide, an antiarrhythmic agent used to treat heart rhythm problems
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Dovato if you:
- Are taking any of the other medications that could interact with Dovato
- Have ever had a hepatitis B or C infection
- Have or have ever had any other liver problems
- Have or have ever had any other kidney problems
- Are over 65 years of age
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.