Descovy Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Descovy medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
We help eligible individuals to access patient assistance programs so they can get their medications for less. If you’re struggling to pay for Descovy, try NiceRx. We can work directly with your healthcare provider and handle the full application process for you, helping you access the medication you need at an affordable price. We know that many Americans worry about paying for health care, so we have made the process of applying for patient assistance as easy and stress-free as possible.
Your monthly Descovy cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Descovy patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Descovy prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Descovy patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Descovy patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Descovy patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Descovy patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Descovy. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Descovy assistance, we’ll handle the application process for you. We’ll work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you’re enrolled in the Descovy patient assistance program, and we’ll automatically request your Descovy medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Descovy coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Descovy patient assistance program. That means that we don’t offer printable Descovy manufacturer coupons, Descovy discounts, or free Descovy samples. We are not a Descovy coupon provider or Descovy discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Descovy if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Descovy patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company won’t pay for your Descovy medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you don’t have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Descovy with insurance?
The cost of Descovy with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Descovy cost without insurance?
Descovy prices without insurance will vary by retailer, but as a guide, a pack of 30, 200-25mg Descovy tablets (a month’s supply) will cost around $2,000.
What is Descovy?
Descovy is a prescription medication that can be used to either treat an HIV-1 infection or to reduce the chances of getting an HIV-1 infection. You take Descovy as a tablet you swallow, usually once a day, but always make sure you take your Descovy exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it to you. It’s prescribed to:
- Adults who have an HIV-1 infection, together with other HIV-1 medications
- Children who have an HIV-1 infection who weigh at least 77 pounds (35kg), together with other HIV-1 medications
- Adult men, to reduce the risk of getting an HIV-1 infection from certain types of sex
- Adolescent men who weigh at least 77 pounds (35kg), to reduce the risk of getting an HIV-1 infection from certain types of sex
If you or your child has an HIV-1 infection, your doctor may have prescribed Descovy to you to help treat the infection. Descovy won’t cure an HIV-1 infection, but it will help to reduce how much virus you or your child has in their body (viral load). This can limit the damage to the immune system the virus causes and helps the immune system to continue fighting other infections and certain types of cancer. Descovy is usually used alongside other HIV-1 medications that also help to suppress the virus and reduce viral load.
Alternatively, you may be prescribed Descovy if you don’t have HIV-1, to help reduce your chances of getting the infection through sex (called a pre-exposure prophylaxis). This is usually because you have a sexual partner who has an HIV-1 infection. Descovy is intended to be used as a pre-exposure HIV-1 prophylaxis for men – this is not the case for women who want to reduce the risk of catching HIV-1 from vaginal sex, because Descovy’s effectiveness for this has not been studied.
Descovy active ingredients
Descovy contains two active ingredients called emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide They’re both antiviral drugs that can stop the spread of the HIV-1 virus if you have an infection, and can stop the virus from taking hold if you don’t have an infection already.
When the HIV-1 virus invades your T-cells, it inserts itself into their DNA. The virus then takes advantage of the cell’s natural DNA copying process to reproduce itself. As more copies of the virus are made, eventually the T-cell dies, and the viruses spread to other T-cells, continuing the cycle. Descovy helps to stop this happening.
Emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide block a step in the DNA copying process that the virus exploits to copy itself. This makes it harder for the virus to multiply, limiting the amount of virus you have in your body (your viral load).
Descovy side effects & Descovy drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Descovy include both nausea (feeling sick) and diarrhea. Descovy can also cause more serious side effects – these are rarer but can include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- New or worsening kidney problems, including kidney failure
- Severe liver problems, including liver failure
- Too much lactic acid in your blood (lactic acidosis), that can cause serious health problems and can be fatal
- A worsening of an existing hepatitis B infection
Descovy can interact with other medications. These include:
- Any medications that contain emtricitabine, tenofovir alafenamide, or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, like Atripla, Complera, Emtriva, Genvoya, Odefsey, Stribild, or Viread
- Any medications that contain lamivudine, like Combivir, Dutrebis, Epivir, Epivir-HBV, Epzicom, Triumeq, or Trizivir
- Didanosine (Videx EC)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Ledipasvir with sofosbuvir (Harvoni)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Lopinavir with ritonavir (Kaletra)
Descovy warnings & precautions
- Descovy should not be used to treat an HIV-1 infection in children who weigh less than 77 pounds (35kg)
- Descovy should only be used as a pre-exposure HIV-1 prophylaxis if you don’t already have an HIV-1 infection
- Descovy should not be used as a pre-exposure HIV-1 prophylaxis by women who want to reduce the risk of catching HIV-1 from vaginal sex
- Descovy should not be used alone if you have an HIV-1 infection, it must be used alongside other HIV-1 medications
Descovy isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take the medication if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide, or are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Descovy
- Are allergic to any other form of tenofovir
Talk to your doctor before taking Descovy if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Descovy
- Have or have ever had a hepatitis B infection
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Epivir HBV
- Viramune XR
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.