Prezista Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Prezista medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Prezista cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Prezista prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Prezista patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Prezista patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Prezista enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Prezista patient assistance program?
Applying for the Prezista patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Prezista, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Prezista assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Prezista patient assistance program, we will also request your Prezista medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Prezista coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Prezista coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Prezista manufacturer coupons, Prezista discounts, rebates, Prezista savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Prezista medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Prezista if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Prezista patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Prezista
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Prezista prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Prezista with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Prezista with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Prezista cost without insurance?
Prezista prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Prezista oral suspension (100 mg/mL) will typically cost around $1,100 for 200 milliliters.
What is Prezista?
Prezista contains the prescription medicine darunavir. Prezista blocks the action of certain enzymes in the body helping to stop HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) from multiplying. HIV is the virus that causes AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome).
Prezista is used with ritonavir and other antiretroviral medicines to treat HIV in adults and children aged 3 years or older. Prezista is not a cure for HIV or AIDS.
Prezista must be taken as prescribed by your doctor. It should be taken at the same time every day with food. Your doctor will require you to have regular medical tests while taking this medicine. Taking Prezista will not stop your disease from spreading. You are advised to not have unprotected sex or share razors or toothbrushes. Speak to your doctor about safe ways to stop HIV from being transmitted during sex. Sharing drugs or medicine needles is not safe, even if you are a healthy person.
Prezista active ingredients
Darunavir blocks the action of HIV-1 protease enzymes. These enzymes normally increase the rate at which proteins are broken down into smaller polypeptides or amino acids. It specifically blocks the breakdown of proteins that are encoded with HIV-1 antigens and viral enzymes in infected cells. This prevents the production of mature virus particles.
It is not safe sometimes to take medications at the same time. Some drugs can affect the blood levels of other drugs you are taking, which can lead to an increase in side effects or make the medications less effective. As an example, Prezista should be taken 2 hours before or 1 hour after didanosine. Always check with your doctor if you are unsure how you should take your medicines.
Prezista side effects
The most common side effects caused by Prezista include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, stomach pain
- Change in body fat shape and distribution in your body
In rare instances, Prezista can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) – increased urination, thirsty, dry mouth, breath smells fruity
- Loss of appetite, upper stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, darker urine, yellow color of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Fever, swollen glands, night sweats, cold sores, cough, wheezing
- Diarrhea, weight loss
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
- Problems with balance or eye movement
- Swollen neck or throat
- Changes in menstruation
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Prezista against your risk of side effects.
Prezista drug interactions
Prezista can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for prostate problems – alfuzosin
- Antihistamines used for allergies – astemizole
- Treatments for cancer – avapritinib, brigatinib, ibrutinib, everolimus
- Anti-viral treatments – boceprevir
- Anti-convulsants for seizures – carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital
- Colchicine – used for inflammation and pain
- Immuno-suppressants – cyclosporine, voclosporin, leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Treatments for heart arrhythmias, heart failure – dronedarone, eplerenone
- Opioid pain killers – fentanyl, hydrocodone, oxycodone
- Treatments to reduce cholesterol – rosuvastatin, simvastatin
- Sildenafil – treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – siponimod
- St. John’s wort – herbal treatment for mild to moderate depression
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Prezista.
Prezista warning and precautions
You should not use Prezista if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient darunavir or ritonavir
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Prezista
- Have severe liver disease
- Are a child younger than 3 years old or a child weighing less than 22 pounds
Talk to your doctor before using Prezista if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Prezista
- Have liver disease
- Have diabetes
- Have a bleeding disorder of any sort
- Have an allergy to sulfa drugs
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.