Duexis Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Duexis medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals to enroll in the Duexis patient assistance program. With our help, you could get your Duexis prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.* We can work directly with your healthcare provider and will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are successfully enrolled in the program, we will also request prescription refills for you for up to 1 year.
Your monthly Duexis cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Duexis prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|800mg/26.6mg 90 tablets||$2,450.00||$49.00||$2,401.00|
Am I eligible for Duexis patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Duexis patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Duexis enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Duexis patient assistance program?
Applying for the Duexis patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We’ll ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Duexis, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Duexis assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We’ll work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Duexis patient assistance program, we’ll also automatically request your Duexis medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we’ll contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Duexis coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Duexis coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We don’t offer printable Duexis manufacturer coupons, Duexis discounts, rebates, Duexis savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you’ll likely save more on your Duexis medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Duexis if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Duexis patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Duexis
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Duexis prescription
- You don’t have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Duexis with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Duexis with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Duexis cost without insurance?
Duexis prices without insurance will vary by retailer, but as a guide, a pack of 30, 26.6 mg-800 mg Duexis tablets will cost around $1,000.
What is Duexis?
Duexis is a prescription medication given to adults to relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It can be used as an alternative to ibuprofen in adults who are at risk of developing stomach and intestinal ulcers from taking ibuprofen.
If you have rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis your doctor may have prescribed Duexis to you, particularly if they feel you’re at risk of developing stomach or intestinal ulcers. Duexis is a medication you take as a tablet you swallow. It works like ibuprofen, as it reduces inflammation and pain to give you relief from your arthritis symptoms. But unlike ibuprofen, it also decreases stomach acid production, lowering your risk of gastrointestinal ulcers.
Duexis active ingredients
Duexis contains two active ingredients, ibuprofen and famotidine. They work together to relieve the pain and stiffness of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and to reduce your risk of developing upper gastrointestinal ulcers.
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that reduces pain and inflammation. When you take Duexis, the ibuprofen it contains blocks the action of a group of enzymes called COX enzymes that help make a substance called prostaglandin. Prostaglandin triggers inflammation and stimulates your nerves to send pain signals, but by stopping it from being produced, ibuprofen reduces how much inflammation you have in your affected joints and dampens any pain you feel.
Famotidine is a histamine H2-receptor blocker medicine that reduces how much stomach acid you produce. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance your body releases that encourages your stomach to produce more digestive acids. This reduces how much acid you produce, lowering your risk of ulcers.
Duexis side effects & Duexis drug interactions
As with all medications, Duexis can cause side effects. Only some people get side effects though, and these side effects can vary by person. The most common side effects caused by Duexis include:
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
In rare instances, Duexis can cause more serious side effects, like:
- An increased risk of heart attacks and strokes that can be fatal
- An increased risk of bleeding, ulcers, and tears (perforations) in your stomach, intestines, and your esophagus (the tube leading from your mouth to your stomach)
- Liver problems, including liver failure
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Serious skin reactions that can be fatal
- New or worsening high blood pressure
- A fall in red blood cell counts (anemia)
- Asthma attacks in people who have asthma
Duexis can interact with other medications, particularly:
- Any other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) medications, such as ibuprofen or naproxen
- Any other medications taken to relieve pain, including aspirin
- Any other medications taken to reduce inflammation
- Any anticoagulant medications that reduce your risk of blood clots, including warfarin
- Any antifungal medication taken to treat fungal infections, like ketoconazole or itraconazole
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat an HIV infection, like atazanavir
- ACE inhibitor medications, taken to treat high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Diuretic medications (blood thinners), taken to treat high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Angiotensin receptor blockers, taken most often to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure
- Beta-blockers, taken to treat a range of heart conditions
- Digoxin, taken to treat a range of heart conditions
- Lithium, taken to treat mood disorders like bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder
- Cyclosporine, an immunosuppressant medication taken to treat inflammatory immune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and Crohn’s disease
Duexis warnings & precautions
Duexis isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Duexis if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients ibuprofen or famotidine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Duexis
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to another histamine H2-receptor blocker
- Have ever had an allergic reaction or asthma caused by aspirin or another nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)
- Have recently or are about to have heart bypass surgery
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Duexis if you:
- Have any heart problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Have any liver problems
- Have any bleeding problems
- Have asthma
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.