Forteo Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Forteo medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Forteo cost savings if eligible
With NiceRx, you could receive your Forteo prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. You could save the following, each month:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|20mcg/dose 1 x 2.4ml syringe||$2,950.00||$49.00||$2,901.00|
Am I eligible for the Forteo patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Forteo assistance, you could receive your Forteo without paying the full retail price. We review each Forteo assistance program application individually. Please note that the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Forteo patient assistance program?
At NiceRx, we will guide you through the enrollment process. You can complete your enrollment application on our website. Simply tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Forteo, as well as details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
We will then review your enrollment application and determine your eligibility for Forteo assistance. NiceRx will then handle the full enrollment process on your behalf and will also request your Forteo medication refills for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Forteo coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Forteo coupon, a Forteo discount card, or a Forteo copay card provider. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Forteo patient assistance program. This means that we don’t offer printable Forteo manufacturer coupons, Forteo discounts, rebates, Forteo savings cards, trial offers, or free Forteo samples.
Consider, that when obtaining your Forteo medication through NiceRx, your total cost for the medication will always be $49 per month. You will likely save more through NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Forteo if I have insurance?
If your insurance company won’t pay for your medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, you may still be eligible for the Forteo patient assistance program. This could even be the case if you don’t have insurance. Apply online to begin your enrollment application with NiceRx.
How much is Forteo with insurance?
Forteo prices with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Contact your pharmacist or insurance provider to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Forteo cost without insurance?
Forteo prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount you buy and where you buy it from. A supply of 2.4ml of 600 mcg Forteo solution will likely cost you around $4,700. Please note this is just a guide price.
What is Forteo?
Forteo is a medication prescribed to adults to treat osteoporosis. Forteo comes as a liquid solution that is injected under your skin (subcutaneous injection). This is usually done yourself using a self-injecting, pre-filled Forteo delivery device. Specifically, it’s given to:
- Postmenopausal women with osteoporosis who have a high risk of bone fractures
- Men with primary osteoporosis or hypogonadal osteoporosis who have a high risk of bone fractures
- Men and women with osteoporosis caused by glucocorticoid medicines, like prednisone, who have a high risk of bone fractures
Osteoporosis can be treated with a range of medications, but most treatments only prevent you from losing more bone mass. Forteo can go a step further and help you rebuild lost bone. It can help increase your bone density, giving you harder bones that are less likely to fracture.
Forteo active ingredients
The active ingredient in Forteo is called teriparatide. It’s a type of hormone your body naturally produces that promotes bone growth. When you take Forteo, the teriparatide it contains encourages your body to make more calcium and phosphate available for bone production. It also stimulates two types of cells, called osteoblasts and osteoclasts, that help produce new bone material increasing your bone density and strength.
Forteo side effects & Forteo drug interactions
As with any medication, Forteo can cause side effects. Not everyone will get side effects or experience the same ones. Common Forteo side effects include:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Joint aches
In rare instances, you could experience more serious Forteo side effects. These can include:
- An increased risk of developing a rare but serious bone cancer called osteosarcoma
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A fall in blood pressure when you change positions that can cause dizziness, a fast heartbeat, and fainting
- An increase in blood calcium levels
Forteo can interact with any medications that contain digoxin. These include Digoxin, Lanoxicaps, or Lanoxin. This can change how Forteo and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely.
Forteo warnings & precautions
Don’t take Forteo if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient teriparatide or any of the other ingredients in Forteo
- Have already taken Forteo for over two years (you shouldn’t take Forteo for more than two years over your lifetime)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Forteo if you:
- Have a bone disease, like Paget’s disease
- Have any type of bone cancer
- Are a young adult and your bones are still growing
- Have, or have had kidney stones
- Have, or have had, too much calcium in your blood
- Have had radiation therapy
- Will have problems injecting yourself and don’t have someone who can help you
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.