Geodon Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Geodon medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
If you have been prescribed Geodon, we may be able to help you obtain your medication for less. We work alongside your healthcare provider to help you enroll in the Geodon patient assistance program. With our help, you could get your Geodon prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month.* The full enrollment process is handled by us on your behalf and if you are successfully enrolled in the assistance program, we will request your medication refills from the manufacturer before your supply runs out.
Your monthly Geodon cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Geodon patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Geodon patient assistance?
We review each Geodon enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Geodon patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Geodon patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Geodon. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Geodon coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Geodon coupon, Geodon discount card, or Geodon copay card provider. We do not offer Geodon manufacturer coupons, Geodon discounts, rebates, Geodon savings cards, trial offers, or free Geodon samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Geodon patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Geodon if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Geodon if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Geodon
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Geodon prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Geodon medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Geodon with insurance?
The cost of Geodon with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Geodon cost without insurance?
Geodon prices without insurance will vary depending on if you buy oral tablets or the powder used to create a solution for injection. Prices will also depend on the strength of tablets you buy (20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, or 80 mg). As a guide, a pack of 30, 40 mg Geodon tablets will cost $700.
What is Geodon?
Geodon is a prescription medicine given to adults to treat the symptoms of:
- Acute manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar disorder
If you have schizophrenia or experience manic or mixed episodes caused by bipolar disorder, your doctor may have prescribed Geodon to you. It is a medication that can lessen the symptoms of schizophrenia and manic or mixed bipolar episodes.
You take Geodon as either a tablet you swallow or a solution that is injected into a muscle. Geodon can be used alone or alongside other medications for your condition, such as lithium or valproate. Always take your Geodon exactly as directed by the doctor who prescribed it to you.
Geodon active ingredients
The active ingredient in Geodon is called ziprasidone. It is a type of drug called a psychotropic or an atypical antipsychotic. It can help to reduce the symptoms of mania caused by schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Ziprasidone works by altering the levels of certain chemicals in your brain and by altering how these chemicals affect your brain.
Your neurons (brain cells) produce natural chemicals called neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine. These neurotransmitters help signals pass through certain regions of your brain and regulate brain functions involved with thinking, memory, emotions, reward pathways, and perception.
Ziprasidone can alter the balance of these neurotransmitters, causing concentrations of them to build up in your brain if you have low levels, but also reducing your brain’s sensitivity to them if you have high levels. This balancing of serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine levels can improve thinking, mood, and behavior, easing the symptoms of mania.
Geodon side effects & Geodon drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Geodon include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Skin rashes
- A cough
- A runny nose
- Feeling unusually tired or sleepy
- Unusual muscle movements (tardive dyskinesia), including tremors and uncontrolled involuntary movements
- Weight gain
In rare instances, Geodon can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- An increased risk of death in elderly patients who have dementia-related psychosis (Geodon is not approved for the treatment of dementia-related psychosis)
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication can cause skin rashes, hives, fever, and swelling in the face, mouth, and throat that can make it difficult to breathe
- Changes in your heart rhythm, including palpitations, skipped beats, and slowing down or speeding up of your heart rate, that can cause problems with your heart or worsen existing heart conditions, like heart failure
- A rare but potentially fatal condition called neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) caused by an unusual response to antipsychotic medications
- A rare but potentially fatal condition called drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) caused by having a delayed and hypersensitive reaction to Geodon
- A change in your mood and thoughts that can cause depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors
Geodon can interact with other medications. When this happens, it can change how Geodon and the other medications work. It can even make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Any other medications you take to treat schizophrenia or bipolar disorder
- Any medications you take to treat a heart rhythm problem
- Any medications you take to treat a mental health condition like depression or anxiety, such as an antidepressant
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- Any antiviral medications take to treat a hepatitis C infection, including boceprevir or telaprevir
- Any other antiviral medications taken to treat another viral infection
- Any antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any medications taken to lower cholesterol levels, including atorvastatin or rosuvastatin
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- An herbal supplement called St John’s-wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Geodon warnings & precautions
Geodon tablets should not be taken with food as this can increase the rate at which the active ingredient ziprasidone is released, making side effects more likely.
Geodon can cause side effects like dizziness, lightheadedness, and sleepiness that can impair your ability to operate machinery, drive, or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid these activities when taking Geodon until you are sure it does not impact your ability to do them safely.
Geodon is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Geodon if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ziprasidone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Geodon
- Have a heart rhythm problem, such as long QT syndrome
- Have any other conditions that can affect your heart rhythm, including heart disease, heart failure, or a recent heart attack
- Are over 65 years old and have been diagnosed with dementia-related psychosis
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Geodon if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Geodon
- Have, or have ever had, any heart problems
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Have, or have ever had, any liver problems
- Have diabetes
- Have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- Have ever had any problems with dizziness or fainting
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.