Vraylar Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Vraylar medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Vraylar cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the patient assistance program, you could get your Vraylar prescription for a flat fee of just $49 per month. You could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|1.5mg 30 capsules||$1,220.00||$49.00||$1,171.00|
|3mg 30 capsules||$1,220.00||$49.00||$1,171.00|
|4.5mg 30 capsules||$1,220.00||$49.00||$1,171.00|
|6mg 30 capsules||$1,220.00||$49.00||$1,171.00|
Am I eligible for the Vraylar patient assistance program?
NiceRx reviews each application on an individual basis, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vraylar patient assistance program?
Our application process is simple and straightforward. To start, simply fill in our enrollment application. At this stage, you will need to provide us with some important information including details of your healthcare provider, insurance, household income, and any medications you’re taking, including Vraylar.
Having reviewed your initial application, if we determine that you are eligible for Vraylar assistance, we’ll handle the application process for you. That means that we will enroll you in the Vraylar patient assistance program, and will also request your Vraylar medication refills on your behalf for a full year. If accepted, NiceRx will request your medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Vraylar coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Vraylar patient assistance program. We are not a Vraylar coupon, a Vraylar discount card, or a Vraylar copay card. We don’t offer printable Vraylar manufacturer coupons, Vraylar discounts, rebates, Vraylar savings cards, trial offers, or free Vraylar samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Vraylar if I have insurance?
We review each application on an individual basis, meaning that you could still be eligible for the patient assistance program if you don’t have insurance. If you do have insurance, but your insurance company won’t pay for your Vraylar medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, we may still be able to help.
How much is Vraylar with insurance?
The cost of Vraylar with insurance will depend on your healthcare plan. Contact your insurance provider or pharmacist to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Vraylar cost without insurance?
Vraylar prices without insurance vary depending on how many capsules you buy, the strength of the capsules, and where you buy them from. As a guide, 30 capsules of 1.5 mg Vraylar cost around $1,600.
What is Vraylar?
Vraylar is an antipsychotic medication. It’s prescribed to adults to treat depressive and manic episodes caused by bipolar disorder, as well as manic episodes caused by schizophrenia. Vraylar comes as a capsule that is swallowed with or without food or water.
Bipolar disorder, previously called manic depression, is a mental disorder. It causes periods of both depressed mood and elevated mood, called mania. During depressed moods, you can feel down and sad, numb, get no pleasure from pastimes you usually enjoy, feel irritable and guilty, and have trouble sleeping. During periods of mania, you can feel high, elated, invigorated, wired, and jumpy, thoughts and feelings can come in quick bursts, and you may feel more impulsive and engage in risky behaviors. You can also have mixed episodes where you get symptoms of both depression and mania at the same time.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that also causes episodes of mania. These episodes may also involve psychosis – periods where you lose your connection to reality, you can see and hear things that aren’t really there and have delusional thoughts. Both bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are thought to be caused by a mix of genetics and life events that can disrupt your natural brain chemistry. Imbalances in naturally occurring chemicals, like dopamine, may lead to the highs and lows that can cause periods of depression or mania.
There are no known cures for bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, but medications like Vraylar can help you manage your disorder. Vraylar can balance your levels of dopamine and can reduce your depressive and manic symptoms.
Vraylar active ingredients
The active ingredient in Vraylar is called cariprazine. It helps with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder by regulating how your brain responds to dopamine.
Dopamine is a chemical you produce naturally. It helps your brain cells send and receive signals, and it assists with regulating aspects of your brain function. When you take Vraylar, the active ingredient cariprazine binds with areas on the outside of the cells in your brain called dopamine receptors. This stimulates the effect of dopamine on your brain cells, but to a lesser degree than actual dopamine. If you have low dopamine levels, cariprazine acts as if it’s boosting your dopamine. If you have high dopamine levels, cariprazine acts as if it’s reducing them. This can balance your response to dopamine, and has been shown to reduce both depressive and manic symptoms, even when they occur at the same time.
Vraylar side effects & Vraylar drug interactions
All medications can have side effects. It’s important to note that not everyone will experience side effects, or get the same ones if they do. The most common side effects caused by Vraylar include:
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weight gain
- Feeling restless and that you need to move around
- Difficulty moving and/or slow movements
In rare instances, Vraylar can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Allergic reactions to the medication
- An increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Strokes in elderly people with dementia-related psychosis (Vraylar should not be given to patients with dementia-related psychosis)
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) – a rare but sometimes fatal reaction that can cause fever, muscle stiffness, sweating, confusion, and changes in breathing, blood pressure, and heart rate
- Uncontrolled body movements
- High blood sugar and diabetes
- Increased levels of fat in your blood, like cholesterol and triglycerides
- Low blood pressure
- Low white blood cell count – this can increase your risk of infection
- Increased body temperature
- Difficulty swallowing
Vraylar can interact with other medications, specifically:
- Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors, like itraconazole or ketoconazole
- CYP3A4 inducers, like rifampin or carbamazepine
This can change how Vraylar and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely.
Vraylar warnings & precautions
Vraylar is not suitable for everyone. Don’t take Vraylar if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cariprazine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vraylar
- Are under 18 years of age
- Have dementia-related psychosis – antipsychotic medications can put you at an increased risk of stroke and death
Talk to your physician before taking Vraylar if you:
- Are taking any medications that can interact with Vraylar (listed in the section above)
- Have previously had a stroke
- Have or have had any heart problems
- Have or have had any kidney problems
- Have or have had any liver problems
- Have or have had seizures
- Have or have had a low white blood cell count
- Have high total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, or triglycerides, or low HDL cholesterol
- Have diabetes, or have diabetes in your family
- Are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Vraylar can cause side effects, like sleepiness, dizziness, and confusion, that can impair your ability to drive, use machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks. You should avoid these activities when taking Vraylar until you’re confident Vraylar doesn’t give you these side effects.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.