Nuplazid Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Nuplazid medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Nuplazid cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Nuplazid prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Nuplazid patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Nuplazid patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Nuplazid enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Nuplazid patient assistance program?
Applying for the Nuplazid patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Nuplazid, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Nuplazid assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Nuplazid patient assistance program, we will also request your Nuplazid medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Nuplazid coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Nuplazid coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Nuplazid manufacturer coupons, Nuplazid discounts, rebates, Nuplazid savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Nuplazid medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Nuplazid if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Nuplazid patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Nuplazid
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Nuplazid prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Nuplazid with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Nuplazid with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Nuplazid cost without insurance?
Nuplazid prices without insurance will depend on the form of Nuplazid you buy (oral capsules or oral tablets). Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, 34 mg Nuplazid oral capsules will typically cost around $1,900 for 15 capsules.
What is Nuplazid?
Nuplazid is an atypical antipsychotic medication prescribed to adults to treat hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease psychosis.
If you have Parkinson’s disease and associated hallucinations and/or delusions your doctor may prescribe Nuplazid. The medication can ease hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease by reducing the effect that serotonin has on brain function. Nuplazid is taken as a tablet or capsule you swallow, typically once a day. Your prescribing doctor will tell you precisely how much Nuplazid to take and how often, based on your condition and medical history.
Nuplazid active ingredients
The active ingredient in Nuplazid is called pimavanserin. It is an atypical antipsychotic medicine that can ease psychotic symptoms like hallucinations and delusions by dampening the effect of serotonin on your brain. When you take Nuplazid the pimavanserin it contains travels through your bloodstream to your brain. Pimavanserin then gets to work by binding to the outside of your brain cells (neurons) at sites called serotonin receptors.
Serotonin is a natural substance released by your brain cells that helps them to communicate and regulate brain function in areas involved in mood and cognition. By binding to serotonin receptors, pimavanserin blocks the action of serotonin and lowers the effect it has on your brain cells. This has been shown to ease the hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease.
Nuplazid side effects
The most common side effects caused by Nuplazid include:
- Swelling in your hands, lower leg, or feet
- Confusion and problems thinking clearly
In rarer instances, Nuplazid can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- A change to your heart rhythm called QT interval prolongation
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Nuplazid against your risk of side effects.
Nuplazid drug interactions
Nuplazid can interact with other medications. This can change how Nuplazid and the other medications work. It can also make some side effects more likely and more serious. These medications include:
- Any medications you take to treat a heart rhythm disorder such as amiodarone, flecainide, sotalol
- Any antidepressant medications such as amitryptiline, citalopram, sertraline
- Any medications you take to treat high blood pressure, alpha-blockers, beta-blockers, or calcium channel blockers
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir, atazanavir, indinavir, saquinavir, or nelfinavir
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat a hepatitis C infection, including boceprevir or telaprevir
- Any other antiviral medications taken to treat viral infections
- Any antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- St John’s-wort
Nuplazid warning and precautions
Nuplazid is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Nuplazid if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient pimavanserin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nuplazid
- Are an older adult with dementia-related psychosis
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Nuplazid if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nuplazid (see Nuplazid drug interactions above)
- Have, or have ever had, any problems with your heart’s rhythm or heartbeat
- Have ever had kidney disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.