Is NiceRx a Helixate FS coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Helixate FS coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Helixate FS manufacturer coupons, Helixate FS discounts, rebates, Helixate FS savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs.
Helixate FS patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Helixate FS cost without insurance?
Helixate FS prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Helixate FS intravenous powder for injection recombinant will typically cost around $11 for 1 powder for injection.
How much does Helixate FS cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Helixate FS with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Helixate FS?
Helixate FS is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Bayer HealthCare LLC. People with hemophilia A have a lack of clotting factor VIII. Helixate FS is a recombinant Factor VIII product that replaces clotting factor VIII in the blood. It is used for:
- On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes in adults and children with hemophilia A
- Perioperative management of bleeding in adults and children with hemophilia A
- Routine prophylaxis to reduce the number of bleeding episodes in children with hemophilia A and to reduce the risk of joint damage in children without pre-existing joint damage
- Routine prophylaxis to reduce the number of bleeding episodes in adults with hemophilia A
Helixate FS is not recommended for the treatment of von Willebrand disease.
What doses of Helixate FS are available?
Helixate FS is available in injection form, in the following doses: 250[iU] in 2.5mL
Helixate FS is given as an intravenous injection after reconstitution with a diluent. Store the reconstituted injection at room temperature. Administer within 3 hours. Your recommended dosage is based on your body weight. After first receiving this medication in a hemophilia treatment center or hospital, you may be able to take this medication yourself at home.
Patients may vary in their response to factor VIII, due to different half-lives and recoveries. Also, the development of Factor VIII neutralizing antibodies (inhibitors) can occur. If the expected FVIII activity levels are not obtained or bleeding is not controlled with an appropriate dose, carry out an assay to measure FVIII inhibitor concentration.
Please read the full prescribing information and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Helixate FS active ingredients
Helixate FS contains Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant) as the active ingredient.
Helixate FS side effects
The most common side effects of Helixate FS in clinical trials include:
- Local injection site reactions (pain, swelling, irritation at infusion site)
- Dizziness, headache
- Unusual taste in the mouth
- Increase in blood pressure
- Nausea, vomiting
- Rhinitis, cough
- Muscle or joint pain
In rare instances, Helixate FS can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Increased bleeding episodes (hemorrhages)
- Hives, trouble breathing, feeling light-headed, chest pain, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, urticaria, rash, numbness, tingling, fast heartbeats, chest tightness, pale skin
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Helixate FS against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Helixate FS to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Helixate FS drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Helixate FS, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medication including any supplements you are taking.
Helixate FS contraindications
You should not use Helixate FS if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction to the active ingredient Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant)
- Have had life-threatening hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis to mouse or hamster protein or to any of the other ingredients in Helixate FS
Talk to your doctor before using Helixate FS if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Helixate FS
- Have heart disease
- Have a latex allergy
- Have inhibitors to Factor VIII
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Helixate FS generic
Helixate FS is the trademark brand name for Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant) manufactured by Bayer HealthCare LLC and distributed by CSL Behring LLC. A generic version of Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant) is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Helixate FS savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.