Gilenya Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Gilenya medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Gilenya cost savings if eligible
The Gilenya patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Gilenya, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Gilenya patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Gilenya assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Gilenya patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Gilenya patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Gilenya.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Gilenya assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Gilenya patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Gilenya.
Is NiceRx a Gilenya coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Gilenya patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Gilenya samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Gilenya coupons, discount cards, or Gilenya copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Gilenya if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Gilenya medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Gilenya with insurance?
The cost of Gilenya will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Gilenya with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Gilenya cost without insurance?
Gilenya prices without insurance will vary depending on the quantity you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Gilenya oral capsules 0.5 mg typically cost $9,500 for 30 capsules.
What is Gilenya?
Gilenya contains the prescription medicine fingolimod. Fingolimod works by suppressing your immune system. Gilenya is used for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. This includes relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease as well as a clinically isolated syndrome in patients who are at least 10 years old.
Gilenya is not a cure for multiple sclerosis but will reduce how often symptoms occur and slow the onset of physical disability.
Gilenya active ingredients
Fingolimod is converted by an enzyme in the body (sphingosine kinase) to the active version, fingolimod-phosphate. This active version binds with specific receptors in the body more readily. Fingolimod-phosphate stops lymphocytes from leaving lymph nodes, thereby reducing the number of lymphocytes in the blood.
The exact action by which fingolimod works in multiple sclerosis is not fully understood but is thought to involve the reduction of lymphocyte passing into the central nervous system.
Gilenya side effects
The most common side effects caused by Gilenya include:
- Back pain
- Stomach pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Pain in your arms or legs
In rare instances, Gilenya can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Heart problems – chest pain, irregular heartbeat, feeling dizzy or tired
- Liver problems – jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin), dark urine, upper stomach pain, nausea, loss of appetite
- Blood vessel problems in the brain – headache, change in mental status, seizures, confused, sudden vision loss
- Infections – fever, chills, body aches, tiredness, vomiting, confusion, neck stiffness, or increased sensitivity to light
- Skin reactions – shiny nodules on your skin, sores that do not heal, moles that change in color or size
- Eye or vision problems
- Difficulty breathing
- Sores in your mouth and throat
- Sores on your genital or anal area
Call your doctor immediately if you have problems with speech, thought, vision, or muscle movement, this may be due to a serious brain infection that can lead to disability or death.
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Gilenya against your risk of side effects.
Gilenya drug interactions
Gilenya can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for infections- azithromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin
- Treatment for heart problems – bisoprolol, sotalol, amiodarone
- Treatment for high blood pressure – sotalol, carvedilol
- Medication taken for depression or mental illness – citalopram , clozapine, sertraline
- Cancer treatment – abemaciclib, ibrutinib, nilotinib
- Antimalaria medication – mefloquine, chloroquine
- Medication taken for the treatment of HIV/AIDS – fostemsavir, saquinavir
- Steroids – betamethasone, dexamthasone, prednisolone
- Medicines to prevent organ transplant rejection – azathioprone, sirolimus, tacrolimus
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Gilenya.
Gilenya warning and precautions
You should not use Gilenya if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient fingolimod
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Gilenya
- Have had severe heart failure (that required you to be in the hospital)
- Have a condition “AV block” or sick sinus syndrome (unless you have a pacemaker)
- Have long QT syndrome
- Have had a heart attack, stroke, chest pains, or any other serious heart problem within the past 6 months
Talk to your doctor before using Gilenya if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Gilenya
- Have an active or chronic infection
- Have an irregular heart rhythm
- Have chest pain (angina) or any other heart problems
- Have had a heart attack or stroke
- Have either high or low blood pressure
- Ever feel light-headed or faint
- Have diabetes
- Have skin cancer
- Have liver disease
- Have asthma, sleep apnea, or any other breathing problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.