Nplate Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Nplate medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Nplate cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Nplate patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Nplate patient assistance?
We review each Nplate enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Nplate patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Nplate patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Nplate. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Nplate coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Nplate coupon, Nplate discount card, or Nplate copay card provider. We do not offer Nplate manufacturer coupons, Nplate discounts, rebates, Nplate savings cards, trial offers, or free Nplate samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Nplate patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Nplate if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Nplate if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Nplate
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Nplate prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Nplate medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Nplate with insurance?
The cost of Nplate with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Nplate cost without insurance?
Nplate prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Nplate subcutaneous powder for injection 125 mcg will cost around $1,100 for 1 powder for injection.
What is Nplate?
Nplate contains the prescription medicine romiplostim. Romiplostim is a man-made version of a protein used to increase blood platelets levels in your body. Platelets help your blood to clot normally.
Nplate is used for the treatment of thrombocytopenia (a low blood platelet count) in:
- Adults with immune thrombocytopenia (ITP), a bleeding condition caused by a lack of platelets in your blood. Nplate is used in patients who have not been treated adequately with other treatments
- Children 1 year of age and older with ITP for at least 6 months, who have not been adequately treated with other treatments
- Patients with Hematopoietic Syndrome caused by exposure to high doses of radiation
Nplate should only be used in patients with ITP whose blood platelet count is low enough to increase the risk for bleeding. It should not be used as a treatment to make blood platelet levels normal.
Nplate active ingredients
Nplate increases platelet production by attaching itself to and stimulating specific receptors in the body known as TPO (thrombopoietin) receptors. This process is similar to how platelet production occurs naturally in the body.
Nplate is given as an injection under the skin, normally once per week. It can take up to 4 weeks for Nplate to be effective against bleeding. Consult your doctor if you still have bleeding or bruising after 4 weeks of using Nplate. You will need regular blood checks while using Nplate as long-term use can cause serious blood cell disorders and harmful effects on your bone marrow.
Your risk of bleeding may be higher after you have stopped treatment with Nplate than it was before you started treatment. You should be extra careful to avoid cuts or injuries for at least 2 weeks after you stop using Nplate. You will need weekly blood tests during this 2 week period.
Nplate side effects
The most common side effects caused by Nplate include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
- Headaches, dizziness
- Joint pains, muscle weakness, pain in your arms, legs, or shoulder
- Numbness or tingling in your hands or feet
- Difficulty sleeping
- Cough, wheezing, tight chest, difficulty breathing
- Blocked nose, sneezing, sinus pain
- Pain in your mouth and throat
In rare instances, Nplate can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe or ongoing diarrhea
- Purple or red spots under your skin
- Fever, ear pain, difficulty hearing, drainage from the ear
- Sudden numbness or weakness especially down one side of the body, slurred speech, problems with balance
- Chest pain, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood
- Swelling, warmth, or redness in an arm or leg
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Nplate against your risk of side effects.
Nplate drug interactions
Nplate can interact with other medications. These include:
- Carfilzomib – a treatment for cancer
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Nplate.
Nplate warning and precautions
You should not use Nplate if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient romiplostim
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nplate
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Nplate if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nplate
- Have blood or bone marrow cancer such as leukemia
- Have bleeding problems or have a blood clot
- Have had surgery to remove your spleen
- Have liver disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.