Aranesp Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Aranesp medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Aranesp cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Aranesp patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Aranesp through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Aranesp patient assistance program?
You could receive your Aranesp without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Aranesp patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Aranesp.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Aranesp patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Aranesp medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx an Aranesp coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Aranesp patient assistance program. This means that we are not an Aranesp coupon, an Aranesp discount card, or an Aranesp copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Aranesp samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Aranesp if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Aranesp medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Aranesp with insurance?
The cost of Aranesp will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Aranesp cost without insurance?
Aranesp costs without insurance will vary depending on strength of the solution and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Aranesp injectable solution (25 mcg/mL) will typically cost around $820 for a 4 milliliter supply. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Aranesp?
Aranesp contains the prescription medicine darbepoetin alfa. Darbepoetin alfa is a man-made erythropoiesis-stimulating protein. This means it helps your body to produce red blood cells.
Anemia (a lack of red blood cells) can be caused by conditions such as chronic kidney disease, as well as receiving chemotherapy treatment. Aranesp is used to treat anemia when this happens.
Aranesp active ingredients
Aranesp works by sending signals to the bone marrow in your body to make more red blood cells. Darbepoetin alfa is very similar to the natural substance in your body (erythropoietin) that does this normally. Aranesp works in the same way that erythropoietin does in your body.
Aranesp side effects
The most common side effects caused by Aranesp include:
- Low blood pressure during kidney dialysis
- Swelling in your arms or legs
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach pain
In rare instances, Aranesp can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Symptoms of stroke – slurred speech, numb or weak especially down one side of your body, confusion, balance, and vision problems
- Symptoms of a heart attack – chest pain spreading to neck and jaw, shortness of breath, nausea, and sweating
- Increase in blood pressure – headaches, blurred vision, nosebleeds, anxiety, heart pounding in your ears
- Feeling light-headed or faint
- Rapid weight gain
- Feeling tired or weak
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Aranesp against your risk of side effects.
Aranesp drug interactions
Aranesp can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for cancer – carfilzomib, lenalidomide, pomalidomide, and thalidomide
- ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitors, used to treat high blood pressure – benazepril, captopril, enalapril, quinapril, and trandolapril
- Cyclosporine an immunosuppressant used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and Crohn’s disease
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Aranesp.
Aranesp warning and precautions
You should not use Aranesp if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient darbepoetin alfa
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Aranesp
- Have untreated or high blood pressure that is not under control
- Have ever had pure red cell aplasia (PRCA, a type of anemia) caused by using Aranesp or epoetin alfa
Talk to your doctor before using Aranesp if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Aranesp
- Have any type of cancer
- Have any heart problems
- Have high blood pressure
- Have had a stroke, heart attack, or a blood clot
- Have kidney disease
- Suffer from seizures or fits
- Have a latex allergy
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.