Promacta Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Promacta medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Promacta cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Promacta patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Promacta prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Promacta patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Promacta patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Promacta patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Promacta patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Promacta. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Promacta assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Promacta patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Promacta medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Promacta coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Promacta coupon, Promacta discount card, or Promacta copay card provider. We do not offer Promacta manufacturer coupons, Promacta discounts, rebates, Promacta savings cards, trial offers, or free Promacta samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Promacta patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Promacta if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Promacta patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Promacta medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Promacta with insurance?
The cost of Promacta with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance
How much is Promacta without insurance?
Promacta prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it as well as the strength, quantity, and form of Promacta you buy. As a guide, Promacta oral powder for reconstitution 12.5 mg costs around $5,898 for a supply of 30 powders.
What is Promacta?
Promacta is a prescription medication given to adults and children age 1 year and older who have chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) to stop episodes of bleeding. ITP is a bleeding condition caused by a lack of platelets in the blood. Promacta (eltrombopag) is a man-made version of a protein that raises platelets produced in your body and can reduce the chance of bleeding. Promacta is not a cure for ITP as it will not make your platelet count normal.
Promacta is also used to stop bleeding in adults with chronic hepatitis C who are treated with an interferon (interferons are proteins that are part of your natural defenses).
Promacta can be used with other medicines to treat severe aplastic anemia (SAA) in adults and children aged 2 and above and also when other medicines for SAA have not worked well enough.
Promacta active ingredients
Promacta (eltrombopag) tablets contain what is known as a thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor agonist. An agonist is something that attaches to and stimulates the receptor it acts on. Eltrombopag activates the TPO receptor, which starts a set of signals that increase the production of platelets from bone marrow.
Promacta side effects
The most common side effects caused by Promacta include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Abnormal bone marrow
- Abnormal liver function tests
In rare instances Promacta can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Stroke – sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance, sudden numbness or weakness especially down one side of your body
- Blood clots in your stomach – stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea
- Blood clots in your lung – chest pains, cough and coughing up blood, wheezing, rapid breathing
- Blood clots in your leg – warmth, pain, swelling, or redness in one or both leg
- Bruising or bleeding during or after treatment
- Vision changes, tunnel vision, pain in the eye, or seeing halos around lights
- Pain or burning sensation when you urinate
- Low red blood cells (anemia) – pale skin, unusually tired, light-headed, short of breath, or cold hands and feet
- Liver problems – jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), confusion, tiredness, stomach pain (on the upper right side), stomach swelling, dark urine
Promacta drug interactions
Promacta can interact with other medications. When this happens, it can change how Promacta and the other medications work. It can even make some side effects more likely. Some medicines can make eltrombopag less effective when taken together. Take Promacta 2 hours before or 4 hours after you take an antacid or a vitamin or mineral supplement containing calcium, aluminum, iron, magnesium, selenium, or zinc.
You should tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Blood thinners – warfarin
- Cholesterol medication – atorvastatin, ezetimibe, fluvastatin, or simvastatin
- Immunosuppressants – leflunomide
- Cancer treatment – carfilzomib
Promacta warning and precautions
Promacta should be taken on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Do not take Promacta with milk. All dairy products or products that contain calcium (including fortified fruit juice) should be avoided for at least 4 hours before or after you take Promacta.
Your risk of bleeding may be even higher than it was before you started taking Promacta when you stop using this medication. You should be extra careful to avoid cuts or injury for at least 4 weeks after you stop taking this medicine. Your blood will need to be tested weekly during this 4 week period.
Eltrombopag may harm an unborn baby. You should use effective birth control while taking this medicine, and for at least 7 days after your last dose.
Do not take Promacta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient eltrombopag
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Promacta
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before taking Promacta if you
- Have a blood clot
- Have high platelet levels
- Have kidney disease
- Have a bone marrow disorder
- Have liver disease (unless you are being treated for hepatitis C)
- Have cataracts
- Have had your spleen removed
- Are of East Asian descent (Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, or Korean)
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.