Qtern Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Qtern medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Qtern cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Qtern patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Qtern patient assistance?
We review each Qtern enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Qtern patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Qtern patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Qtern. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Qtern coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Qtern coupon, Qtern discount card, or Qtern copay card provider. We do not offer Qtern manufacturer coupons, Qtern discounts, rebates, Qtern savings cards, trial offers, or free Qtern samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Qtern patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Qtern if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Qtern if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Qtern
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Qtern prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Qtern medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Qtern with insurance?
The cost of Qtern with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Qtern cost without insurance?
Qtern prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Qtern oral tablets (10 mg-5 mg) will cost around $570 for 30 tablets.
What is Qtern?
Qtern contains the prescription medicines dapagliflozin and saxagliptin, which both help to control your blood sugar levels. Dapagliflozin works by helping your kidneys get rid of excess glucose from your bloodstream. Saxagliptin works by controlling the levels of insulin your body makes after you have eaten. Qtern is used in combination with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Qtern is also used to reduce the risk of death from heart failure, stroke, or heart attacks in adults with type 2 diabetes who also have heart disease. Qtern is not recommended for the treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
Qtern active ingredients
Dapagliflozin blocks the action of sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2). Doing this reduces the reabsorption of glucose and your bodys’ glucose threshold, causing your body to excrete more glucose in your urine.
Incretin hormone levels are increased when you have a meal. These hormones cause insulin release from your pancreatic beta cells but are stopped from doing this within minutes by DPP-4 enzyme. GLP-1 lowers glucagon release from pancreatic cells, which reduces glucose production from the liver. Patients with type 2 diabetes have reduced concentrations of GLP-1, but their bodys’ insulin response to GLP-1 is normal. Saxagliptin helps to slow the inactivation of the incretin hormones, which helps to increase the incretin hormone levels in your bloodstream. This helps to reduce your glucose levels during fasting and after meals in a manner that is dependant on your glucose levels with type 2 diabetes.
Qtern side effects
The most common side effects caused by Qtern include:
- Sinus pain, runny or blocked nose
- Problems with urinating
- Abnormal levels of cholesterol or triglycerides in your blood
In rare instances, Qtern can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe or ongoing pain in your joints
- Itching or blisters on the skin
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, confusion, unusual drowsiness, or difficulty breathing
- Severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, fast heart rate
- Feeling weak or light-headed, dizziness
- Pain or burning when you urinate, increased urination, blood in your urine, pain in your pelvis or back
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Qtern against your risk of side effects.
Qtern drug interactions
Qtern can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for skin cancer – bexarotene
- Antibiotics for bacterial infection – gatifloxacin, sparfloxacin
- Treatments for irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Anticonvulsants for the treatment of seizures – carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Calcium channel blockers for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) – amlodipine, felodipine, nifedipine
- Beta-blockers for an irregular heartbeat – sotalol, propranolol, bisoprolol, atenolol
- Treatments for high blood pressure – captopril, enalapril, lisinopril
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Qtern.
Qtern warning and precautions
You should not use Qtern if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dapagliflozin or saxagliptin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Qtern
- Have severe kidney disease or if you are on dialysis
- Are younger than 18 years old
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Qtern if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Qtern
- Have had kidney disease
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have liver disease
- Have bladder cancer
- Have bladder infections
- Have problems with urinating
- Have problems with your pancreas, including surgery
- Have gallstones
- Have a high level of fat in your blood
- Drink excess alcohol
- Are on a low salt diet
- Are 65 or older
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.