Trijardy XR Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Trijardy XR medication with our help.Get Started Now
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Trijardy XR cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Trijardy XR prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Trijardy XR patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Trijardy XR patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Trijardy XR enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Trijardy XR patient assistance program?
Applying for the Trijardy XR patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Trijardy XR, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Trijardy XR assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Trijardy XR patient assistance program, we will also request your Trijardy XR medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Trijardy XR coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Trijardy XR coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Trijardy XR manufacturer coupons, Trijardy XR discounts, rebates, Trijardy XR savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Trijardy XR medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Trijardy XR if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Trijardy XR patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Trijardy XR
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Trijardy XR prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Trijardy XR cost without insurance?
Trijardy XR prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Trijardy XR oral tablets, extended-release (10 mg-5 mg-1000 mg) will typically cost around $580 for 30 tablets.
How much does Trijardy XR with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Trijardy XR with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Trijardy XR?
Trijardy XR is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Trijardy XR is a combination of empagliflozin, a sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, linagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, and metformin hydrochloride, a biguanide, indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control (blood sugar levels) in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Empagliflozin is indicated to reduce the risk of cardiovascular death in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus and established cardiovascular disease (heart disease).
Trijardy XR is not recommended for patients with type 1 diabetes or for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis and has not been studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis.
Warning of lactic acidosis – cases of metformin-associated lactic acidosis have resulted in death, hypothermia, hypotension, and resistant bradyarrhythmias. Symptoms included malaise, myalgias (muscle pain), trouble breathing, tiredness, and abdominal pain.
What doses of Trijardy XR are available?
Trijardy XR is available in tablet form, in the following doses:
- 5 mg empagliflozin/2.5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin HCl extended-release
- 10 mg empagliflozin/5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin HCl extended-release
- 12.5 mg empagliflozin/2.5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin HCl extended-release
- 25 mg empagliflozin/5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin HCl extended-release
Please see the full prescribing information and medication guide.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Trijardy XR active ingredients
Trijardy XR combines 3 diabetes medications – Jardiance (empagliflozin), Tradjenta (linagliptin), and metformin hydrochloride, working together to lower A1C, along with diet and exercise.
Trijardy XR side effects
The most common side effects of Trijardy XR in clinical trials include:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Nasopharyngitis, stuffy or runny nose, and sore throat
- Diarrhea, constipation, gastroenteritis
- Skin reactions
In rare instances, Trijardy XR can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Lactic Acidosis
- Heart Failure
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Urosepsis and Pyelonephritis
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar, drowsiness, fast heartbeat) consider lowering the dose of insulin secretagogue or insulin to reduce the risk of a lower blood sugar level when initiating
- Necrotizing Fasciitis of the Perineum (Fournier’s Gangrene) – serious, life-threatening cases have occurred in both females and males. Assess patients presenting with pain or tenderness, erythema, or swelling in the genital or perineal area, along with fever or malaise
- Genital Mycotic Infections
- Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Arthralgia (joint pain)
- Bullous Pemphigoid – report development of blisters or erosions
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Trijardy XR against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Trijardy XR to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trijardy XR drug interactions
Trijardy XR can interact with other medications. These include:
- Insulin or other medicines that can lower your blood sugar
- Diuretics (water pills)
- Rifampin, an antibiotic that is used to treat tuberculosis
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Trijardy XR. Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
Trijardy XR contraindications
You should not use Trijardy XR if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients empagliflozin/linagliptin/metformin hydrochloride
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Trijardy XR
- Have severe renal impairment, end-stage renal disease, or are on dialysis
- Have metabolic acidosis, including diabetic ketoacidosis
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Trijardy XR if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Trijardy XR
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are over 65 years of age
- Have renal Impairment
- Have pancreatitis
- Have a history of alcoholism
- Have gallstones
- Have high cholesterol or triglyceride levels
- Have low vitamin B12 levels
Trijardy XR generic
Trijardy XR is the trademark brand name for empagliflozin/linagliptin/metformin hydrochloride extended-release tablets manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of empagliflozin/linagliptin/metformin hydrochloride extended-release tablets is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Trijardy XR savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.