How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Have you been prescribed Pradaxa for the prevention of blood clots? At NiceRx, we may be able to assist. With our assistance, you may be able to get your essential Pradaxa prescription for just $49 per month.*
NiceRx works directly with your healthcare provider to help you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications. We handle the full enrollment process on your behalf, as well as applying for your ongoing medication if you are successfully enrolled in the program.
Your monthly Pradaxa cost savings if eligible
By applying for patient assistance programs through NiceRx you could receive your Pradaxa prescription for a flat fee of just $49 per month. Each month, this could save you:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|75mg 60 capsules||$475.00||$49.00||$426.00|
|110mg 60 capsules||$475.00||$49.00||$426.00|
|150mg 60 capsules||$475.00||$49.00||$426.00|
Am I eligible for the Pradaxa patient assistance program?
To determine your eligibility for the Pradaxa patient assistance program simply apply online with us at NiceRx. We review each patient assistance program application individually and will be able to determine your potential eligibility for assistance. The main factors considered by most programs include:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Pradaxa patient assistance program?
Applying for the Pradaxa patient assistance program with NiceRx couldn’t be easier. Start the process by completing your enrollment application online. You’ll need to tell us about any medications you’re taking. This includes Pradaxa and any other medications you have been prescribed.
We’ll also ask for important information needed by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication, including details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. We will review your application and once we determine if you may be eligible for assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. Once enrolled in the Pradaxa patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Pradaxa medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Pradaxa coupons provider?
No, NiceRx is not a Pradaxa coupon, a Pradaxa discount card, or a Pradaxa copay card provider.
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Pradaxa patient assistance program. That means that we also don’t offer printable Pradaxa manufacturer coupons, Pradaxa discounts, rebates, Pradaxa savings cards, trial offers, or free Pradaxa samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Pradaxa if I have insurance?
At NiceRx we might be able to help if your insurance company won’t pay for your Pradaxa medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, or even if you don’t have insurance. Apply online to find out more.
How much is Pradaxa with insurance?
The exact price that you will need to pay for Pradaxa with insurance will depend on your specific healthcare plan. To find out further details and understand what you may need to pay for Pradaxa with your insurance provider or pharmacist.
How much does Pradaxa cost without insurance?
Pradaxa prices without insurance will vary depending on the dosage and where you buy the medication. As a guide, a pack of 60 Pradaxa tablets, at either 75 mg, 110 mg, or 150 mg strengths, will cost between $520 to $580.
What is Pradaxa?
Pradaxa is a blood thinner (anticoagulant) medication prescribed to adults to lower the chance of blood clots forming. Specifically, it’s used to:
- Lower the risk of blood clots that can cause strokes in people who have a medical condition called atrial fibrillation
- To treat and prevent blood clots forming in veins in the legs (deep vein thrombosis) or lungs (pulmonary embolism)
- To help lower the risk of blood clots forming in veins in the legs (deep vein thrombosis) or lungs (pulmonary embolism) of people who’ve had hip replacement surgery
Pradaxa can be taken to treat existing blood clots and to reduce the chances of blood clots forming. It works by interrupting a step in the blood clotting process. You take Pradaxa as an oral capsule, usually twice a day.
Pradaxa active ingredients
The active ingredient in Pradaxa is called dabigatran etexilate mesylate, usually just called dabigatran. It’s a blood thinner (anticoagulant) that stops your blood from clotting. Your blood clots by going through a complex chemical reaction with multiple steps. Some steps of this reaction use enzymes to help change your blood from a liquid to a gel. One of these enzymes is called thrombin.
Dabigatran works by blocking thrombin. When you swallow Pradaxa, molecules of dabigatran are absorbed in your blood, where they bind to thrombin. This stops thrombin from working and blocks a step of the clotting process.
Pradaxa side effects & Pradaxa drug interactions
When you take Pradaxa it can cause side effects with the most common including:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Stomach pain
- Bruising more often
- Bleeding more often, including from your gums, nose, genitals, or from your stomach and bowels
In rare instances, Pradaxa can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- An increased risk of bleeding, including serious bleeding that could be fatal
- An increased risk of spinal or epidural blood clots (hematoma) forming if you have any injections into your spine or epidural area, or have a spinal puncture. These can cause long-term or permanent paralysis
Pradaxa can interact with other medications, including:
- Any other blood thinner (anticoagulant) medications, like warfarin or heparin
- Any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen or naproxen
- Aspirin, or any other acetylsalicylic acid medications
- Antifungal medications that contain ketoconazole or itraconazole
- Dronedarone, taken to treat cardiac arrhythmias
- Cyclosporine, taken to prevent organ rejection after a transplantation
- An antidepressant called a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) or serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI)
- The antibiotics rifampicin or clarithromycin
- Medications to treat HIV/AIDS, like ritonavir
- St. John’s wort, an herbal supplement usually taken to treat depression
Pradaxa warnings & precautions
You should not take Pradaxa if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dabigatran etexilate mesylate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Pradaxa
- Have ever had a valve in your heart replaced, or are scheduled to have one replaced
- Are currently bleeding
- Have any condition which increases your risk of bleeding
- Have a severe kidney problem
- Have a severe liver problem
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Pradaxa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Pradaxa
- Have recently been bleeding
- Have any kidney problems
- Have any liver problems
- Have ever had a stomach ulcer
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are over 65 years of age
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.