Premphase Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Premphase medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Premphase cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Premphase prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Premphase patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Premphase patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Premphase enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Premphase patient assistance program?
Applying for the Premphase patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Premphase, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Premphase assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Premphase patient assistance program, we will also request your Premphase medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Premphase coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Premphase coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Premphase manufacturer coupons, Premphase discounts, rebates, Premphase savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Premphase medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Premphase if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Premphase patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Premphase
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Premphase prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Premphase cost without insurance?
Premphase prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Premphase oral tablet biphasic will typically cost around $240 for 28 tablets.
How much does Premphase cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Premphase with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Premphase?
Premphase is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication distributed by: Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc., A subsidiary of Pfizer Inc.
This medication contains estrogen (such as conjugated estrogen, estradiol) and progestin such as medroxyprogesterone. Estrogen is a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries and is necessary for many processes in the body. Conjugated estrogens are a mixture of estrogen hormones. Medroxyprogesterone is a form of progesterone, a female hormone important for regulating ovulation and menstruation.
Premphase is a combination medicine used to treat the symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and vaginal dryness and to prevent osteoporosis in menopausal women. Prempro also contains both conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate.
What doses of Premphase are available?
Premphase is available in tablet dosage forms in the following doses:
- 0.625 mg conjugated estrogen oval/maroon Premarin
- 0.625 mg conjugated estrogen plus 5 mg medroxyprogesterone acetate oval/light-blue Prempro
The 28-day Premphase treatment consists of two differently colored pills, 14 of each color. Follow the patient’s instructions about which pills to take on days 1 through 14 and which pills to take on days 15 through 28.
Self-examine your breasts for lumps monthly, and have regular mammograms. Your doctor should check your progress on a regular basis to decide whether you should continue this treatment. Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Premphase active ingredients
The active ingredient in Premphase are conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone.
Premphase side effects
The most common side effects of Premphase in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, abdominal pain, gas
- Headache, back pain
- Depression, weakness
- Breast pain
- Itching, thinning scalp hair
- Vaginal itching or discharge, changes in your menstrual periods, breakthrough bleeding
In rare instances, Premphase can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Heart attack symptoms – chest pain, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Risk of stroke – sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- Blood clots – sharp chest pain, shortness of breath, coughing up blood, pain or warmth in one or both legs
- Deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism
- Fluid retention
- Swelling in your stomach
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Problems with memory
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Lump in your breast
- High blood calcium levels
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Premphase against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Premphase to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Premphase drug interactions
Premphase can interact with other medications. These include:
- CYP3A4 inhibitors – erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, grapefruit juice
- CYP3A4 inducers – phenobarbital, carbamazepine, rifampin, St. John’s wort
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Premphase. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take. This includes prescription drugs and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Premphase if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Premphase
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Have abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Have liver disease
- Have a bleeding disorder
- Are having major surgery
- Have ever had a heart attack, a stroke, or cancer of the breast, uterus/cervix, or vagina
- Have an increased risk of having blood clots
- Have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, if you are overweight, or if you smoke
- Have hepatic impairment or disease
Talk to your doctor before using Premphase if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Premphase
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Have breast cancer, or cancer of the uterus/ovaries
- Have had a hysterectomy
- Have heart disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have gallbladder disease
- Have asthma
- Have epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- Suffer from migraines
- Have lupus
- Have endometriosis or uterine fibroid tumors
- Have hereditary angioedema
- Have porphyria (a genetic enzyme disorder that causes symptoms affecting the skin or nervous system)
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have high levels of calcium in your blood
Premphase is the trademark brand name for conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone distributed by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc., a subsidiary of Pfizer Inc. A generic version of conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Premphase savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.